Queen

"Queen?" The desk lady calls me over.

I stand, fixing my blazer, and walk over to her. "Yes?"

"Mr. Kingston will see you now" She smiles. "He's in the back room to your left"

"Thank you" I smile back. I follow her instructions and knock on the door.

"Come in" I hear from behind the closed door.

I enter to see Mr. Kingston sitting at his desk. He stands when I enter, walking over to shake my hand.

"Hello Queen" He smiles.

"Hello, Mr. Kingston. It's nice to meet you" I smile back.

"So you are going to be Amanda's assistant?" He leads me to a chair that's in front of his desk.

"I am?" I ask, a little confused.  I didn't realize I got the job already.... I thought this was my final interview ..?

"Yes" He smiles, which isn't a bad smile. He might have had braces at one point in his life... His teeth are straight as hell! "Want to start a week from today?"

"Yes sir" I nod. I already told my other job that I was going to be quitting soon if I got this job... Might as well put in my one-week notice.  They won't mind!

"Great! It was nice to meet you, Queen, and I will be seeing you around the office!" He stands up again.

So basically this was kind of a waste of gas ... I just had to walk in and I already had the job? He better be glad this job pays well or I'd be a little more annoyed. "Thank you!" I put my hand out to shake his again.

He shakes it again, walking me to the door. "Also, Amanda will send you all your essential needs and if you have any questions just let her know"

"Okay, thank you" I nod.

-I got the job!- I send a mass text to my group chat with my friends Aria, Adrianne, and Leslie.

-ping- 

-Yaaaaassss Queen!- Aria replies back

-ping- 

-Okay, chica!- Adrianne replies

-ping- 

-This calls for drinks!- Leslie replies.

-ping- 

-When is there not a call for drinks with you, Les?- Aria replies

-ping- 

-Never!- Leslie replies back

-ping- 

-Fucking Leslie!- Adrianne replies back

-ping- 

-We talked about this, Les! If you suggest drinking? Ya gotta pay for it!- Aria replies

-ping- 

-I ain't no broke hoe! I got this!- Leslie replies back

I go ahead and text Simone that I won't be home tonight for dinner. I go to my closet to look for something to wear for tonight, unsure if I should go for comfortable or cute.

-ping- 

-You say this until you get the bill. Then it's 'I'm a broke hoe!'- Aria replies

-ping- 

-I'm in my closet and I'm unsure of what to wear- Adrianne changes the subject

-Same! We should just FaceTime- I reply back

How to Fall... Without Trying To (GirlxGIRL)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें