Lana

I walk into the office with my dad, closing the door behind me, "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"I would like you to come join me at the company, only a couple of days out of the week to get a feel for the company" my dad sits down at his desk, "it would be great to see you more in the day and give you something to do other than staying at home all day"

Should I work with my dad? I mean I love the guy and I do need a job, even if it is basically working under him. But wouldn't that make me Queen's boss? That shit would be so awkward.

"I would love to, but what kind of work are we talking about?"

"Mostly just keeping up with the office if I head out to business meetings or coming with me for international business travels" my dad smiles, "I mean you could be my linguist"

"I'm only fluent in Japanese, English, and German, dad"

"That would be great to be able to get into business with a few companies I had my eye on" my dad nods

"We couldn't have talked about this at home?" I give him a quizzical look

"I'm headed out of state tonight and I'll be gone a few days" my dad says it so nonchalantly, "I wanted to talk to you before I left and forgot"

"Okay, well when do you get back?"

"Next Friday. I'll be gone a week"

"Oh. Ok" I nod

I hang up the phone with Queen, very relieved. I don't want her upset with me, even though I can totally understand that she would be given the fact that I lied to her. I look at my watch, 5p.m., and decide to call Chauncey. Even if it is hella late there. It rings a few times before I hear Chauncey's gruff voice pick up the phone

"Hello?"

"Hey, Chauncey"

"Baby, you know it's 2 in the morning right ?"

"I know. I just wanted to talk to you about something"

"Who's that on the phone?" A female voice says in the background

What the fuck?!

"Who the fuck is that?" I demand

"It's late. I'm going to call you later" Chauncey says before hanging up the phone

I honestly can't even be mad right now. I should have broken up with his ass before I left. I was going to today, for crying out loud, but it does sting a little that he resulted to cheating on me.

-I need a drink- I text Donte

-With my girlfriend, sorry- Dante replies

Damn it. I look at the time, 530p.m.

-busy?- I text Leslie

-yes. Sorry. Still at work-

I need more friends. I get off the couch to go figure out what I want to cook for dinner and to see if we have wine still in the house. I make a turkey sandwich and avocado slices before returning to the living room. Out of boredom, I flip through Netflix to see if I can find a show worth taking my Friday night since I have nothing else to do. My Little Pony pops up way too many times during my search, that and Barbie, and I feel like a kid again just seeing them pull up. I flip through action tv shows and stop on Black Lightning. This might be interesting.

I start the show and I'm immediately engulfed into the show.

Maybe two hours into binging I get a text from Aria asking if Queen has texted me in the past hour. I text back that she hasn't and I start to worry a little. She was fine earlier when I talked to her on the phone ... it is 715 and her date was suppose to be at 7. Maybe she isn't replying because of that? Is it unusual for her not to text back?