Queen

First day working at Kingston Inc., and I'm already feeling like I'm going to love this job.  Amanda gave me a few little jobs such as filing away paperwork, calling a few companies to confirm scheduled meetings, call ahead to a restaurant for dinner reservations for Mr. Kingston and his daughter, Lana, and a few other tasks. I get things done in a timely matter, and by lunch Amanda is sending me out the door to enjoy an hour off.

-I'm hungry- I send to the group, fishing to see what they're doing for lunch

-you're always hungry- Adrianne replies back with a smirk emoji

-that's a fact- Leslie replies as well

-what are we going to do about it though?- I send a thinking emoji

-eat perhaps?- Leslie replies back

-ha ha very funny - I send an eye roll emoji

-fucking Leslie- Aria sends a laughing emoji

I look around at a few places to eat, noticing a smoothie shop down the street.

-might grab a smoothie and a quesadilla-

-sounds good- Adrianne replies back
-might join you-

-same- Aria replies back
-let's see if Jhené wants to join-

I frantically try to send a "no!" in response, but Leslie texts back before I even hit send.

-already did, she says that sounds great-

-damn it guys!- I send an eye roll emoji
-you're ruining my social dynamic-

-you mean the fact that you don't have one outside of us?- Adrianne replies back

I roll my eyes, starting to walk toward the smoothie shop, sending them the name and street before shoving my phone in my front suit pant pocket.

"So what are y'all doing tonight? I need somewhere to go to get away from my roommates" Leslie asks us, sipping on her smoothie

"Sorry, I have extra curricular activities going on at my home tonight" Aria winks at her

"Pulling out the ouija board to contact your dead fish, Belle, does not count as extra curricular" Leslie rolls her eyes

"Shut up Leslie" Aria laughs "I'm binge watching tonight and you cannot join me"

"Why must you call it extra curricular though?" Adrianne asks Aria, taking a bite of her sandwich

I notice that Jhené has just been watching us, after joining us a few minutes ago, and hasn't said much since her entrance "hello" and "what's up with everyone?". I turn to her and smile

"What are you doing tonight?"

"I have dinner plans then I'm pretty much staying at home and starting a few shows"

"Yea? That sounds good. What shows can you recommend?" I ask, half listening to my friends' banter next to me.

"I just finished Charmed the other day, the newer one anyways. It was pretty good"

"Yea? I might start that"

"You should, it's pretty good."

"You should just watch it together" Leslie adds, sipping at her smoothie and giving me the most innocent face she can muster

"There's an idea!" Adrianne smiles sweetly and I know they're really up to something at this point.

"Speaking of ideas, that one idea we had the other day at the bar has brought so many new prospects" Aria smiles at me.

Oh yea ... the dating app ... I'm going to kill them all one day. "That's great" I shrug.

"Don't make any plans for Friday night" Aria points at me

I grumble a few cuss words in Spanish, shaking my head in the process.

"Te amo, amiga" Adrianne smiles sweetly

I look at my watch and stand up, closing my quesadilla box and grabbing my smoothie "I have to go back to work, but I'll text you later?" I look to Jhené for confirmation.

"Yea, that's fine with me" she nods.

I flick my friends off with my smoothie cup hand on my way towards the door "see you guys later"

"Algunos antes que otros" Some of us before the others. Adrianne smiles at me then winks.

Leaving them with Jhené seems like a mistake, but it's unavoidable at this point.

"Hey Queen, I think you're good for the rest of the day" Amanda says from her desk, not bothering to look up from the papers in front of her.

"You sure?" I look at the time, 4:55p

"Yes ma'am, go ahead and finish whatever you're doing and you can head out"

"Okay, thanks" I look at the papers in front of me, typing down the contents then saving it as a file. "I will see you tomorrow?"

She nods without a response. I grab my things, log out of the computer, then head to the elevator to go down to the garage level where my car is. I look around to find my black Volkswagen Arteon, unlocking it before getting in and locking my car back. Call me paranoid, but I will not go out because someone yanked my unlocked door open. I will make them work to kill me or take my car from me.

I back out of my parking space and head to the security exit of the garage, stopping to wave at the guard so he can open the gate. Stopping at a stop light, I turn on my music through bluetooth and turn on Ariana Grande's 'thank u next' album and flip through my text messages. A little over 30 messages from the group chat, 3 from Jhené, and a recent text from Simone asking if I had plans tonight.

-thinking about dying my hair a dark shade of blue- Adrianne's text is the first I see of the group chat

-plans tonight?- Simone's text reads

-binge watching tonight?- Jhené's text reads

The light turns green and I put my phone down, really not in the mood for a ticket.

"Hey Siri, text Jhené 'sure, my place or yours?'"

Siri does her thing, asking if my text message is what I want sent, and then she sends it off to Jhene.

"Hey Siri, text the AVs 'blue hair would look amazing on you, babe'"

Again, Siri does her thing again and I end up stuck at another light.

-your place- Jhené replies

-I think so too!- Aria

-go for it- Leslie

"Hey Siri, text Jhené my address"

"Hey" Jhené smiles when I open the door to my apartment. Damn... she can smile like that anytime...