Queen

I wake up tangled on Jhené, literally, and to be perfectly honest? She's seriously comfortable. Her phone light catches my eyes and I squint to see. "What's up?"

"Nothing, we fell asleep and my dad wanted me to check in a few hours ago" she dims the light on her phone, probably noticing that I can't see worth shit with it so high up.

"Oh" I shift slightly, noticing that I'm dead ass laying on her chest right now. To make it less awkward, I stay laying on her and pretend to still be half asleep until she places her phone on my table then slowly her breathing starts to soften. I drift back to sleep, listening to her breathing and her heartbeat. Most definitely NOT telling the AVs about this...

I wake up later on that morning before Jhené does, and I slowly lift off of her so I don't wake her up. I walk into the kitchen. really in the mood for French toast, where I find my sister sitting at the table eating cereal.

"Good morning" Simone smiles at me, giving me a wink for added measure "Who's the female on our couch?"

"Jhené..." I look in the cabinet for the bread, grabbing that and cinnamon from the spice rack

"Jhené? How long have you been talking to this 'Jhené' person?"

"I'm not.. I just met her last week at the Bar Room" I go to the fridge for eggs

Shit... I already know the AVs are about to hear all about this and they will not let it go...

"Oh really? You didn't mention her before"

"That's because there was nothing to really mention. She's just been hanging out with the AVs and I for lunch" I shrug, trying to make it so it's not a big deal

"Ahh, sounds fun. I want a few, by the way"

"Ditto" Jhené walks into the kitchen, stretching her arms out

"Oh, hey" I turn away from them, turning the stove on and beginning to prepare the French toast

"Hey" She pulls a chair out and sits down "You must be Simone"

"The one half and only" Simone jokes "And you're Jhene?"

"Yea, nice to meet you" Jhené laughs at Simone's joke, which she has been telling since high school and I know she's only laughing to be nice

"You too. Where's the accent from?"

"Oh, um I spent a few years studying abroad"

"Abroad?"

"Europe. All girl's private for high school then Germany for college"

I finish prepping the French toast and start placing them on the pan to cook.

"So you haven't been back in the states for what? 6 years?"

"6 and a half, yea"

"Did you enjoy-"

"Simone with the questions" I interrupt her before she can question Jhené about her social security number next. I turn to face her and make eye contact, pleading with my eyes for her to knock it off

"Sorry" Simone rolls her eyes

"It's okay" Jhené looks from Simone to me then back "You guys are almost identical"

"There are some differences" I tell her, turning back to the French toast to flip it.

"Your eyes and hair" Jhene nods, and Simone just laughs

"Thank goodness someone can see that, it takes people a little bit to figure it out half the time" Simone shakes her head "plus she's a little taller by like half an inch"

"Like the Olsen twins, but black?" Jhené laughs

"Black and bright" Simone laughs, "our mom is lighter than our dad and somehow we have the lighter genes and my brother is darker"

"Really? That's cool" She smiles "For me, being half Japanese and black, I have that kind of lighter but dark tone to me. It's a lot for people to take in because of my very prominent black genes." 

"Which one of your parents is Japanese?" I ask, placing a few pieces of toast on a plate. 

"My mom was" She says, looking like she'd rather change the subject than continue talking about it. 

"How many of these do you want?" I ask, changing the subject, much to her relief. 

"Two is fine" 

"Three" Simone licks her lips, walking over to me and stealing a few off the plate I designated for the toast. 

"That was four!" I look at what she stole.

"I'm hungry, what can I say?" She smiles, grabbing a plate for her and Jhene

I roll my eyes, placing a few more pieces of toast so that I can eat as well and maybe have a few left over. 

"Thank you" Jhene smiles, standing to grab a few pieces herself. 

"Unfortunately I'm not an egg eating type of person, so if you want those Simone will have to make them" I flip the pieces of toast over 

"She's weird about the texture" Simone rolls her eyes 

"I eat everything" Jhene shrugs

I half take that dirty and half in its actual context, causing me to clear my throat a little 

I look through my messages from last night and this morning, seeing a few messages from the AVs that are from the last 10 minutes

-Soooo how was the binge night?- Aria 

-Yea! How was that?- Adrianne 

 -Details. NOW!- Leslie 

I look over at Jhene then back at my phone, honestly trying to figure out what I want to say. 

"What's up?" Jhene asks, sitting down on the couch

"Nothing" I sit my phone down without answering, turning it on silent "Wanna go a few more episodes or save for another day?" 

"A few won't hurt" She shrugs

We're two episodes in when I hear a knock on the front door, I look at Jhene then the door before getting up to go check the peep hole. 

"What the hell?" I open the door wide to Aria, Adrianne, and Leslie standing at my door step looking a little peeved. 

"We texted you a few times" Leslie steps in through the door, walking past me and going straight to my living room 

"This was Leslie's idea" Adrianne shrugs, following behind her 

"I'm just here for the drama" Aria follows in through the door as well

"Okay..." I shut my door, walking into the living room to find everyone sitting on the couch and arm chair 

They all glare at me and all I can do is smile " I love you guys too" 

"Not enough to text us back" Leslie picks my phone up and turns it off silent "This puta had her phone on silent!" 

"Wow, Queen" Aria shakes her head, adding fuel to Leslie's fire

I roll my eyes and sit down between Leslie and Jhene "You guys are so dramatic. You could have texted Simone or called"

"And save myself gas, time, and effort coming here? I think not" Leslie crosses her arms

Jhene is just sitting next to me, taking all of this in with a smile on her face. Embarrassing for me, entertainment for  her.