Chapter 5

Y/n struggled to focus on her jumps. She couldn't jeep her mind off Levi's words.

'You're not worth it.'

She flinched as she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked behind her and saw Bertholdt. "You can do it, Y/n. Focus on the music, feel it." He smiled and hugged her. She smiled and hugged back.

After Reiner and Bertholdt performed, it is Y/n's turn. She skated around the rink, warming up. She looked around and saw someone she didn't want to see right now.

Levi.

She glided towards the middle of the rink and posed. She took a deep breath as her music starts.

'I've got a fire for a heart,
I'm not scared of the dark.
You've never seen it look so easy.'

Y/n skated around doing step sequence and hand gestures for her performance. Her song is very up beat so she needed to skate quick to stay in rhythm. She looked around again and saw Bertholdt and Reiner smiling at her.

'If I didn't have you there would be nothing left,
The shell of a man who could never be his best,
If I didn't have you, I'd never see the sun,
You taught me how to be someone, yeah.'

She did a triple toe loop and landed perfectly then back to doing bits of step sequence.

'All this lights,
they can't blind me,
With your love,
Nobody can drag me down.'

She did a combo of Triple axel and double toe loop, causing the crowd to go wild. She smiled as she do another toe loop and land perfectly.

She perfectly did her routine until she scanned the audience, only to see Levi with a disappointed look on his face. She missed her landing and fell to the cold ground with a thud. She stood up and continued her performance, ignoring her throbbing arm and ankle.

'Nobody can drag me down.'

She did her final Lutz and stopped in the middle of the rink and did her final pose. She pants as she bowed to the audience. She skated towards the exit of the ice rink and walked to a bench without her skate guards. She sat down and put her face in her hands.

Bertholdt and Reiner quickly made their way to Y/n and patted her back. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing...I messed up my landing. It's embarrassing. They're here by the way..." Y/n said as she put on her guards and took a sip on her water bottle. As she stood up, the other group of skaters came down to them.

"You did good in that performance, Y/n." Ms. Ral or Petra said. "Is your arm ok? That fall was quite hard."

"Thank you. Yes, my arm's okay." Y/n said as she wipe her sweat. Y/n tried to avoid Levi's stare

They talked for a bit until the program is over and all skaters and non skaters can finally have fun and play around. Y/n, Bertholdt and Reiner changed into their comfy clothes before heading out the stadium. As Y/n was changing, she wrapped her ankle tightly with a elastic bandage from her first aid kit before heading out.

"Hey guys!! You wanna hang out with us?!" Petra yelled as she ran towards us.

The three looked at each other and nodded. "Where are we going?"

"At the mall and outside to eat." Oluo said.

They walked to the mall which was only a few streets away. They went to the arcade. "Holy sh*t! They still have this?!" Y/n walked over to an arcade machine, Pacman. She smiled and quickly bought tokens. The guys smiled as Petra laughed. "I missed this so much!" She played as Levi looked at her intensely.

He missed her smile but every time he see her, he felt betrayed. She left and that broke him.

Everyone bought tokens for the machine but when Levi didn't buy, it confused Petra. "Aren't you going to play, Levi?"

"No." Then Levi walked outside the arcade, leaving Petra confused. All the skaters played games and won prizes. Levi waited for approximately an hour and a half. He was on his phone when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked behind him and saw Y/n, smiling and holding up a Winnie the Pooh stuffed toy for him to grab.

"I won this just for you. I know you like Pooh." She smiled.

Levi rolled his eyes and turned around. Y/n frowned and sat next to him, holding the stuffed animal in her hands. "I'm sorry for leaving you behind... D-do you hate me?" She asked.

"Very."

Levi put on his earbuds and played a loud music. Y/n didn't noticed him.

"I'm so sorry for everything. If you're still not satisfied with my answer, I never stopped sending letters and gifts to you... There's only one time that I can't send you a letter and I truly apologize for it. I'm sorry that didn't send you a letter on your birthday...It's just that our house was destroyed by a hurricane, but I managed to save all your letters and gifts, I can't save my house though. We need to move. After months of hardship, we managed and I continued to send you letters. I continued even if you don't sent anything back. My mother di--- Oh..." She looked at him and saw that he's not listening. She frowned and stood up from her seat then looked at him. "I guess you're not listening..." She looked around and saw a child with their parents.

She approached them and said, "U ̄ n... Kon'nichiwa. Kore o kare ni watashitaidesu. Onegaishimasu. Watashi no yūjin wa sore o nozonde imasen. (Umm... Hello. I would like to give this to him. Please. My friend doesn't want it)." She smiled as she spoke their language, she's half Japanese after all.

The parents agreed and thanked her. Y/n walked back to the bench and sat next to Levi again. "I wish I could turn back time. When we were little, we play together a lot, you never pushed me away, unlike today. I wish we're kids again." She then stood up and walked back in the arcade to distract herself from the sadness and guilt that is consuming her.

Little did she know that Levi tried to hold his tears as he listen to her story. He watched everything that had happened today. She watched Y/n played and make a lot of effort to win that stuffed animal for him, only for him to not accept it and give it to some child, he listened to every word she said and he watched her walk back to the arcade with sad eyes.

It broke him so much that he's hurting his 'best friend' just to make her feel the hurt that he felt, only twice the pain that he felt. He hated this but he kept on doing it.