Chapter 45

Y/n walked home from her work at a cafe, again. She could just let Levi work alone, so she decided to get a job as well to help him pay their bills.

She knocked on their apartment door, knowing that Levi doesn't have anywhere to go to while she's at work. She could hear something falling and a grunt from the inside of their apartment, making her worry.

"Levi?" Y/n called out.

A series of shuffles became louder as it approached the door. Levi opened the door while panting. He got out of the way to let Y/n in. She leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"What's wrong? You're a bit paler than usual."She asked.

"What? I'm fine. I made dinner."

"Wow... You're making dinner now?"

"O-of course, brat." Levi eyes widen as he stuttered, making Y/n look back at him as she take off her coat. She squinted her eyes before continuing to remove her coat.

Levi sighed and went back to the bedroom to get himself together. He slightly gasped as he saw his underwear drawer laying on the floor, his most priced possession was laying on the floor. He quickly took the the object, putting it inside of his pocket before folding all of his underwear. His hands were shaking as he heard footstep get nearer to the bedroom.

"Did you hear me?"

Levi quickly looked up and saw Y/n with her hand on her waist. "W-what?"

"What's wrong with you today? Are you really fine? You kept stuttering. I was asking where is our dinner."

"I'm fine. Dinner is in the fridge."

"I'm guessing in the pink plastic container?"

"Yes." Levi looked back down to his drawer and continued folding the stuff inside.

"Our leftover? I made that spaghetti yesterday. It's fine though." Y/n walked away and went to the kitchen to heat up the leftover spaghetti. Levi sighed in relief again.

As Y/n sat on the kitchen chair while the microwave is doing its thing, her mind drifted off. 'Is Levi really okay? He has been very distant lately...' she thought.

She kept thinking about Levi until the microwave beeped and broke her out of her trance. She took it out and got their plates ready. "Levi! dinner is ready." Y/n said. Levi soon walked to the kitchen and sat on his usual seat.

They ate their dinner silently. Y/n was waiting for Levi tell her stories about his day but she got none. She mostly carried the conversation because Levi wouldn't even look at her.

"Levi, talk to me. What's wrong? Did I do something wrong? Did I hurt you feelings or something?" She asked.

"No."

"Then what's wrong? You hardly talked to me these passed few weeks. I think it's getting worst. Just tell me, Levi. I'll change if I have to."

Levi took a deep breath before talking. "It wasn't you. I have been very stressed out lately. They've been giving me so much paper works and I can really think straight right now." He half lied.

"Oh... I'm sorry for overreacting. You could have told me so I could help or something."

"No need to apologize, it's not your fault." Levi reassured and continued eating.

Once they finished, Y/n washed the dishes before going to shower. As she takes a shower, Levi sat on the bed, typing away on his phone. He was messaging his female friend to stop texting him when he didn't hear the bathroom door open.