A Friendly New Face

Present

Y/N had to walk by herself. She never realized how crowded the hallway was after lunch. Wow Tae was right. This is a fucking mess. She got bumped so many times she couldn't hold herself back. The next person that bumped her knocked her stuff out of her hands. "Well fuck you too. You not even gonna help?" As she picked up her books she started swearing in Japanese. She thought no one would understand her. Suddenly, she heard a gasp followed by fast footsteps. "Oh shit. A teacher heard me." She gathered her things and ran as fast as she could. Before she knew it she was in class. She walked into class and something caught her eye. Yuki was in her seat. She rolled her eyes and sat somewhere else.

She sat in the back and did her work. They had a review packet that was due at the end of class. Her and Tae were doing it together but she couldn't work with him if she weren't next to him. While she worked she played her music. Whenever she was angry she'd blast her music and tune out the rest of the world. It played very loud. People could hear it through her headphones. Someone tapped her shoulder and she immediately got annoyed.

"Yes?" she asked trying not to sound rude. "Is that Unbreakable you're listening to?" "Yea. You know the song?" "Of course. It's from one of my favorite animes." "You watch Tokyo Ghoul?" "Who doesn't?" She got excited after hearing that. She tried to get the boys to watch anime. They did watch some, their variety just wasn't that wide. "A lot of people. But honestly the second season wasn't the greatest and the third is even worse." "Yea. I'm moving on to other stuff too."

She then starts singing to herself in Japanese. The boy next to her notices and starts to sing as well. Everyone, even the teacher began to stare. They didn't notice. Tae glances at them singing with a look in his eye. She sees him and realizes how loud they were and that everyone was staring at them. "Oh shit." They both say in Japanese. "You speak Japanese?" she says in awe. "It's my first language." "Wow. It's my second." She's surprised yet relived to maybe have found another friend.

They talk the entirety of the class and solely in Japanese. Tae glances at them every five seconds. Why does he keep staring like that? is he upset about something? "Hey. Hey!" the boy yells trying to get her attention. "What? Sorry, i was deep in thought." "I said, what else do you watch?" "Well i've watched and finished a lot but at the moment im watching Dragon Ball Super, Kimestu No Yiba, Doctor Stone, and Black Clover." "Wow. You watch way more than me. I clearly need to widen my variety. But then again, I did JUST start watching anime. You think you could show me a few shows? "Definitely. Let me give you my number so I can send you a list of shows You have to watch. What's your name?" "Anzai." "Anzai huh. Ok Zaichan. My name's Y/N." The two hug as class ends and part ways.