Chapter 16: Visitor

A/n: Yeah... not the best picture to interpret it but it will do😅. Plus the ring😂. It's kind of  identical on what Taylor and Katie has😁.

Natalia's POV

I'm at Tay's. I decided to visit to talk to her about the party that would be held at our house on February 13. That party was actually my birthday party. And I will prepare it with Tay's opinion along the way.

I'm not worrying about my parents. I planned it. I will invite the whole school. In that way, Tay's presence will not be that questionable.

I also decided to apologize to her personally. I'm realized that what I did yesterday was unacceptable. It was too much.

I was excited, but nervous at the same time. Excited to see her again. And nervous to see her reaction.

But both feelings were gone when her mom told me that she wasn't here. And she didn't even came home last night!

She said Tay hasn't returned since she left to go to our house. What?! Where did she spend the night?!

Her mother was worrying about her too. She said she just noticed that Tay wasn't home this morning, when she woke up. And since then, she's been calling her every 20 minutes. After the nth call, she answered. I looked at her mom while they're talking on the phone.

She's tensed at first, but calmed down after some moment. I guess she's at a safe place.

The line died and her mother faced me. "Sorry for keeping you wait sweetie, but she said she's fine and she's on her way back here. She's going to be here in any minute." She said with a small smile. "Oh! And I told her that she has a visitor, but I didn't tell her that it was you. So bare with her shocked face once she sees you." She added. Still with a smile on her face.

I guess she knows what happened between us... She's out to everyone now, and she's close with her parents, she probably told them...

I'm just thankful that her mother didn't treated me differently.

She turned around and was about to go to the kitchen to get some food and drinks for me. I stopped her by asking, "May I know where she went?". I'm honestly hesitant to ask that question, but I asked it anyway. I'm really curious. Where did she go that her mom was fine and not bothered by her being there?

She turned back and said, "Oh don't worry about it sweetie. There's nothing to worry about. She just sleptover at... her friend's house." she said with a goofy smile and continued her track to the kitchen.

What's with the smile? Friend's house? Who?

I'm in a deep thought that I didn't heard the door opened, but Tay's voice captured my attention. "Natalia?" She's, indeed, shocked. But...

It's not that strong, but why does she smell like... alcohol?

I immediately asked her questions. "Why do you smell like alcohol?" "Where did you go last night? I mean, your mom told me that you spent the night at your friend's house, but as far as I can remember, I AM your ONLY friend." I said while rising my one eye brow.

"Woah. First, it's not your business. Second, stop asking me questions like I'm your responsibility. Like I'm your girlfriend. Third, I'm not aware that I'm not allowed to make friends now. I'm going to remind you, in case you forgot already, YOU. PUSHED. ME. AWAY. Even if it's just a SHORT PERIOD of time, I'm going to meet other people. I'm going to meet someone whose willing to spend their time with me because MY BEST FRIEND PUSHED ME AWAY. I'm not going to rub that in your face tho, I don't want a fight. We just started approaching and talking to each other again, and I know that you came here for a reason. We're going to discuss whatever that is later, because if you don't mind I will take a bath first. Excuse me." Then she walked upstairs to go to her room.

Okay. That was unexpected...

I felt tears started clouding in my eyes. I wanted to cry. She has never done that before. Is she mad? She's never mad at me so I don't know is the best answer.

But I held it back my tears when I saw her mother walking towards me, holding a tray full of foods and two glasses. One filled with juice and one filled with water.

I faked a smile at her...

Taylor's POV

I don't know why I said all of that to Natalia. The old me will never do that. I'm head over heels to her. I still am. Right? I was just upset that's why I snapped at her. Right?

Urgh! I'm going crazy!!

I wanted to say sorry to her, but I don't at the same time. What I said was just the truth...

I finished taking a bath with that thought going round and around of my head.

I took a deep breath before I exited my room and go back downstairs. I just hope that she didn't tell mom that I smelled like alcohol when I got home.

When I reached the last step of the stairs, I saw my mom and Natalia talking. Mom didn't seem upset so I assumed that she didn't opened her mouth.

Thank God...

I didn't join the conversation. I just sat at the sofa and zoned out. Until my phone buzzed.

A message from Katie...

I read it and... "I need to go." I said then stood up. Rushing. But...

Natalia's hand stopped me. She held my hand.

She held my hand...

"But we haven't talked yet. I went here to see you. To talk to you. To apologize to you. And talk about the party. " She said in a pleading voice.

"Apology accepted. I'm sorry, but I really need to go. This is important. Bye. Bye mom." I just said and broke her hold at me. I rushed to the door to get into the car.

What video is Katie talking about?

Natalia's POV

I noticed that Tay was distracted. But I didn't pushed it. Asking might make her more mad,

At me...

I think she's mad. It's new to me. She never get mad at me. She never snapped at me. This was the first time and I don't know what to do. I don't know how will I approach her.

I'm talking to her mom but in reality, I'm in the middle of thingking 'how' to talk to her, but then she stood up and said that she need to go. I tried to stop her. Indirectly. But she said that it was important.

Yeah? More important than me now? She knew how important this party is for me. For us. We dreamed and waited for this to happen, for YEARS.

We promised that we are going to stay at each other's side through all of the plannings, preparings, through everything!

I did my part. As promised. I stayed by her side before, during and even after her party months ago.

I know there's some other time to plan, but I told her that I want to talk to her with desperation. Doesn't she miss me?

Am I not important to her anymore? Because that's how I feel.

I guess some things changed...