Chapter 23: Valentine

Natalia's POV

It's February 14 and I can see RED, LITERALLY, EVERYWHERE! I'm already in our school. And my eyes hurts! I'm looking for Taylor. I didn't get a chance to talk to her yesterday.

I was walking and walking until I reached the MOST crowded area. The heart of the school. It was called heart of the school because it was the center, middle, whatever you call it.

And of course, by the name, all cliché students will bring their partners here for their surprise.

-_-

And I froze where I stood. Hurt. I saw Andy kissing another girl. He got this cocky face while looking in my direction. He's been threatening me that he'll find another girl, because I won't provide his needs.

A tear fell from my eye. His smile grew wider. I wasn't paying him much attention though.

I was looking passed him. Behind him. Where the girl that I love was currently kneeling on the ground, in front of Katie, holding a silver ring.

No. This is not happening. No. This can't happen. Not when I finally knew that my parents are fine with us being together! No...

"We've been talking for months now. You asked me to hide it. I agreed. But everytime I see other guys approach you, ask you out, I get jealous. I don't want to feel that emotion again. I want the whole campus to know that you're mine. And I guess it's time to ask you, in front of everyone, Katie Elisha Pendergraff, will you be my girlfriend?"

They didn't lied to me. They aren't together... that time. If she say 'yes' then---

"Yes. I'd love to." Katie said sweetly while smiling.

When those words left her mouth, I ran. And cried. HARD.

I know the answer to my question now. I don't have to ask her anymore...

Taylor's POV

While holding the ring in front of Katie, my hands are shaking. Yup. The silver ring that I saw when I bought Natalia's necklace.

People may thought that I was nervous for her answer. But NO, I know she won't reject me. Better not! This cost me more than 200! 212.24 to be exact.

=_=

I'm nervous because we might get busted. People might notice that we're just faking it.

"Yes. I'd love to." finally. I stood up and hugged her.

I hid my face in the crook of her neck and whispered, "let's get out of here. I'm not comfortable, knowing that a lot of people are staring and filming us."

I felt her goosebumps. I smiled. That lessen my nervousness. Making her uncomfortable makes me feel comfortable. I laughed at my own thought.

^3^

Peace.

^_^

She pushed and punched me. "Why are you laughing?" She said raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing". I said but I'm still laughing. Not able to contain it. I just can't stop. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I was laughing so hard that I didn't noticed her walking away. My smile instantly fade. "Hey! Where are you going?! Kat! Hey!" I shouted following her.

"I'm going to the kissing booth, Tay!" She shouted back.

"What?! Why?!" I ran faster. Until I coped in her pace and stood on her right. Didn't I just asked her to be MY Girlfriend? And now she's telling me she's going to the 'kissing booth'?!