𝐗𝐋.

╔═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╗

chapter forty.
episode thirteen.
songs: none.

╚═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╝

The feeling of sadness that's circling throughout the group doesn't stop, even when they get to the competition. They all sit around downcast, waiting for Emma to come back with news about what position they're going to be performing in.

The woman walks back with a smile, trying to cheer everyone up, but no one returns it except for Rachel. "So, smooth sailing so far, we're all signed in. And, um..." She flips through the pamphlets in her hands. "According to the program, you have drawn performance slot number three."

"We're going last? Isn't that bad?" Tina questions.

Rachel hears her exasperated tone and she stands up, trying to calm everyone down. "Hardly. This is good news. My extensive auditioning for community theater has taught me that we either want to go first or last. If we're first, then everyone has to measure up to us, and if we're last, then we're the freshest in the judges' minds."

Kurt scoffs. "And did you ever get any of those parts?"

Rachel opens her mouth to retaliate, but when she can't think of anything to say she turns to Emma for help. The woman nods and turns to the rest of the Glee Club. "I'm with Rachel on this. The glass is definitely half full of some very good things right now."

"Yeah, Ms. Pillsbury's right. I mean, we're here now, right? No reason not to go with some positive mojo." Mercedes says to the group.

Camila nods, a big grin stretching her lips. "This is going to be a piece of cake, guys. Easy peasy!"