𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈.

╔═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╗

chapter fifty seven.
episode eighteen.
songs: the climb  miley cyrus, chasing cars  snow patrol.

╚═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╝

"Alright, guys." Will walks into the choir room, clapping his hands together as he heads towards the piano. "Let's get things started."

Before anyone can even open their mouths, Rachel rushes up next to the man. "As I was first on the sign-up sheet, I'll kick things off."

Will nods, muttering an okay, and then proceeds to sit on a chair next to the piano.

Rachel turns excitedly towards the group. "I have chosen Miley Cyrus' 'The Climb' because it's about overcoming obstacles and beating the odds. In my case, the obstacle is you—my lackluster teammates who refuse to carry their own weight." She lets out a deep breath, glancing towards Brad who begins playing the piano.

⇘⇙

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟɪᴍʙ - ᴘᴇʀғᴏʀᴍᴇᴅ (sʟɪɢʜᴛʟʏ) ʙʏ ʀᴀᴄʜᴇʟ

⇗⇖

"I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreaming, but there's a voice inside my head saying 'you'll never reach it'." Rachel's voice comes out off-key and scratchy, but she continues singing despite the very confused and uncomfortable stares from the other members of the club. "Every step I'm taking, every move I make feels lost with no direction. My faith is shaking, but I gotta keep trying. Gotta keep my head held high..." Everyone winces as she completely butchers the high note.

Will stands from his chair, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Rachel, I think you've lost your voice." He mutters, causing the brunette's eyes to widen and panic to override her face.

She rushes out of the room and nobody says anything for a few minutes as the teacher sighs, running a hand over his face. "Alright." He finally says. "The show must go on. Anyone else?"

Camila raises her hand instantly. The other teenagers gape at her in shock, especially Santana who just stares at the small Latina with confusion.

"Do you need to go to the bathroom?" Will asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

A sigh leaves Camila's lips. "Uh, actually, I wanted to go next."

He nods, a small smile on his face as he motions towards the floor. Camila squeals quietly, bounding down the choir room steps before heading over to the piano. She smiles gently at Brad who nods, standing up and allowing her to take over his spot at the piano. She turns her head to the Glee Club. "So before I start, I just want to thank Britt for helping me choose the song because I was stuck for a while."

The Glee Club all turns to Brittany who grins widely, happy that she was able to help Camila out. Santana's eyes narrow towards the tall blonde and she crosses her arms over her chest.

⇘⇙

ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ ᴄᴀʀs - ᴘᴇʀғᴏʀᴍᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴀ

⇗⇖

Camila starts playing the piano, taking in a deep breath and praying that all of her piano practice doesn't fail her (especially after Rachel had butchered her song). "We'll do it all, everything, on our own."

The Latina glances at Santana for a second, only to see that she looks slightly angry and for some reason, she finds herself smiling slightly. "We don't need anything or anyone."

"If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

Camila swallows and when she looks back over to the other high schoolers, she notices the excitement on all of their faces. "I don't quite know, how to say how I feel. Those three words are said too much, but not enough."

As the girl continues to sing, the sudden weird jealousy that suddenly plagues Santana's mind only increases. "If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world? Forget what we're told before we get too old, show me a garden that's bursting into life."

"All that I am, all that I ever was, is here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see. I don't know where, confused about how as well, just know that these things will never change for us at all." She slows down her hand movements on the piano, closing her eyes. "If I lay here, if I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

When the music cuts out, Camila lets out a little bit of a breath before turning back to the rest of the club. They're quiet for a minute, but Jack is the first to start clapping and whistling and the rest of the club followed suit almost immediately after.

Kurt's eyes are wide as he talks. "Honestly, Camila, I was not expecting that."

"Did any of us?" Artie adds, causing shocked shrugs. "That was awesome!"

"When did you learn how to play the piano? You should totally teach me!" Finn says, a wide grin on his face.

Will laughs, standing up from his chair. "Well done Camila! I really underestimated you."

"What does that mean?" Brittany asks quietly and Camila just giggles quietly.

The members of the Glee Club get up from their chairs, talking with the girl about her performance, while Santana's glare only gets harsher.