𝐋𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈.

╔═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╗

chapter seventy two.
episode twenty two.
songs: none.

╚═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╝

After the performance, the New Directions rushed off stage, chattering excitedly about how great they all did and how they might even have a chance to win Regionals. It was going really well, up until Quinn's mom showed up in their dressing room. Soon after that, Quinn's water broke and all the teenagers excluding Rachel go to the hospital with the blonde.

The group of teenagers all rush through the building's doors, Quinn breathing and panting heavily as they—along with her mom and Will—push her in a wheelchair. "My daughter is having a baby." The blonde woman tells one of the doctors frantically, motioning to the pregnant girl.

She nods, motioning for the group to turn down a hallway. "Uh, right this way." Her mom begins pushing her into the room where the doctor tells her to go into, but Quinn shakes her head rapidly.

"Wait, wait! I want Mercedes with me, too." The brunette nods eagerly, following Puck and the Fabrays into the room.

Camila bites her lip nervously as the New Directions begin sitting down in a few of the waiting room chairs. None of them know how much time has passed since they've walked in until Mercedes walks back out. The Latina rushes over to her eagerly, hoping that she had news.

"Everything's okay," Mercedes tells her, noticing how anxious she is. "Quinn gave birth and the baby's totally healthy."

A simultaneous sigh fills the room as everyone relaxes in their positions, glad that everything turned out alright.

"Can I see Quinn? I just... I just want to make sure she's okay."

Mercedes smiles. "She actually told me to come get you." The girl chuckles slightly when Camila's eyes light up and they both walk to the hospital room.

Camila gently rasps her knuckle against the doorframe, not wanting to interrupt anything in the room. She peeks her head through the opened door and Quinn smiles at her immediately, still holding the infant in her arms.

"Hi, Camila." She greets quietly and the cheerleader walks through the door excitedly.

Camila leans over the side of the metal bed, Mercedes walking into the room behind her. "She's so cute." The teenager coos, smiling widely at the child.

"I wanted to say thank you," Quinn tells her, causing Camila's head to tilt slightly. "You were the first person I told about this." She states when she notices the confused look. "I couldn't have been able to do all this without you."

A shy giggle escapes her lips. "You definitely could have done it. You're Quinn Fabray!"

The blonde's smile gets wider as she glances down at the child in her arms. A knock on the door causes everyone's heads to turn, only to see Will standing there with a smile of his own. "I, uh, don't mean to interrupt, but we need to get back." He says, looking at Camila, Mercedes, and Puck.

Puck shakes his head, clearing his throat nervously. "Um, if it's alright with you Mr. Schue, I'd like to stay here with Quinn." Quinn smiles at him.

"Of course." Will nods, turning to Mercedes and Camila with a look.

Mercedes nods eagerly, walking over and squeezing Quinn's hand with a smile before walking out.

Camila hesitates, still standing by her friend. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah. Now go and accept our first place trophy." She says with a smirk, resulting in Camila nodding eagerly and following Mercedes out of the hospital room.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Vocal Adrenaline, Aural Intensity, and the New Directions all stand on the stage in their groups watching as Sue, along with the other three judges, walk out from backstage. The blonde woman holds the two cards in one hand and the microphone with the other. The New Directions all grab each other's hands, hoping that they do actually win.

The microphone crackles to life and Sue nods at the crowd. "Thank you all for coming. As you all know, Glee Club is such an important..." She rolls her eyes. "...and I honestly can't even finish that sentence. So let's just get to it." Camila and Santana grip one another even tighter.

"The 2010 Midwest Regional Runners-up-" She pauses. "-from Fort Wayne, Indiana, the not-at-all stupidly-named Aural Intensity." The New Directions clap, but their excitement just increases as the words leave the woman's lips. "Very good, mhm. And now, your 2010 Midwest Regional Show Choir Champions..."

Another pause fills the large room and everyone stands there anxiously as Sue pulls out the first place card. "...Vocal Adrenaline!"

Both Vocal Adrenaline and the crowd erupt into cheers, but the New Directions just freeze. The words register in all of their minds and any hope that they had before just completely diminishes as Rod Remington hands Will the small trophy.

"We didn't even place." Artie croaks out quietly, but yet somehow they can all still hear him over the sound of applause.

His words puncture them all and they all physically deflate, knowing what this means for the Glee Club. Camila doesn't let go of Santana's hand, only squeezing tighter as the news hits them all at once.