Chapter 64, Secrets Exchanged

"Get inside, Hanabi, you've been under this pouring rain for three hours".

Three hours?

"I must've lost track of time", I reply pack, lowering my head as I feel the soaked bandage over my sockets. It was a bit irritating, but I didn't mind. My hair cascaded down, it's length increases when it is drenched like this.

My clothes were drenched as well, which could make me sick, but did I care? No.

I'm sitting on the edge of the veranda, where I could feel the height of the tower by pure instinct.

"Are you having second thoughts about what you did?".

The thunder rumbled and roared as I turned my head over my shoulder.

Did I?

"No", I monotonously said, then pivoted my head back, "I'm just mad that I didn't get the chance to finish him off".

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, I didn't get enough time to show off my techniques", I chin up, letting the rain trickle down my face.

How did I really feel about this reunion?
They shouldn't have come here. I want to be forgotten by all of them. And maybe being vengeful like this isn't the best way to cope, but it just feels right. After all, I'm just a memory at the back of everyone's mind.

What did they expect after all these years?

What did I expect after all these years?

Sometimes I miss the old me, but at the same time, I can't go back to how everything was. Who even knows if Danzo will get punished for what he did to me or my parents?

The system has failed me, which is why I have to take matters into my own hands.

"How much more before I get my eyes back?", I ask, tightening my grip on the banister of the veranda, where I'm sitting on.

"I'm currently perfecting our plan Hanabi, but the time will come and we'll get your eyes back", Madara assures.

"I want Danzo's head on a silver platter", I remark, letting my jaw tense when I recall how he showed me my dying parents and a crying Minato.

A chill in the air scattered and there was a silence for a split second before Madara spoke, "Do you want my head on a silver platter?".

On a golden platter.

"You're rotten just as everybody else, Madara", I confess, "You killed Hashirama Senju and unleashed the Nine-Tails, leaving me an orphan all over again".

"But you also helped me back on my feet, and while that doesn't make up for a fraction of your sins, it's enough for me to trust you".

"I also refrained myself from slaughtering the entire Uchiha clan alongside Itachi", he inserted, making me scoff.

"Yeah , but that's only because you wanted to appeal to me", I assert.

"That's true, but I never wanted it to go the way it had", he said, inching closer to the banister, "I wanted you to join me out of your free will".

"I know", I reply dismissively.

I could really use being along right now. I have to process my thoughts right and not let anything get in the way. I was hoping that at least a part of me might be moved to hear them again.

This is so sad it is making me feel pathetic. I sometimes missed Kakashi and his parental acts. I'd always wish that Itachi and I could've met under different circumstances, then our story could've been different.