Chapter 83, Hanabi's Dilemma

I can feel it...

The two round spheres that are occupying my sockets. This is so alien and weird after all this time. I don't even know how to feel at this point. I've spent the last four years thinking of my vengeance and now that I've finally got it, I feel...empty...

Madara did the transplant surgery the day I left Danzo with no eyes. But ever since I fulfilled my lust of vengeance, I have been left with this empty cavity in my heart. 

So as the cold droplets of the Hidden Rain's cry encroach over me, I sulk in and let my shoulders get heavy. Tendo Pain and I have established that I get the Humanoid's pipe to sit on while he gets the tongue.

We've claimed our own territories when it comes to the humanoid. And while Nagato and Konan are two good-hearted souls, I still can't overlook the fact that they're easy to manipulate.

Nagato is very much vulnerable when it comes to emotions, and Konan will follow in his lead to the ends of the world.

The bandage around my eyes remain intact, it has for the past few days since I can't accept the fact that I'll see again. My breath heaved at the thought of finally opening my eyes to the world again.

It'd took everything in me to adapt to my disability four years ago. And now that it's all gone, I can't comprehend what I'm feeling of these intense emotions.

I'll finally get to see everyone's face again...

But wasn't it much easier when I was blind?

Do I still want to open these eyes just to see all the disappointment this world has to offer?

Do I still want to work in the favor of this world, when it has disappointed me countless of times?

Do I still want to be the good guy?

The heavens cried upon me, soaking me to the bone as I tilted my head up in the direction of the sky. Are my parents mourning me in the heavens?

What do I do now?

I desperately feel the urge to save Nagato and Konan from themselves and their ideals.

Pain, he is a man of his word. It keeps raining tears in the Hidden Rain because this sky used to cry blood.

The Hidden Leaf...

I wonder what the sky in the Hidden Leaf looks like. Does it flare out rays of warm sunlight? Or does the clouds hang loose with my parents blood that is yet to rain.

Will I ever be able to forgive Hiruzen Sarutobi? Or Danzo for that matter.

Of course not.

I deserved to grew up with my parents as much as anyone else.

But so did Naruto...

I clenched my jaw as the thunder roared, reminding me of the injustice done to my parents. Before I knew it, my hot stinky tears rained down my face. I began sobbing, sobbing at the fact that after all this time, I'll open my eyes again only to witness more pain and sorrow.

My chest clenched as I bit down my lip to muffle my cries.

What now?

What do I do now?

What do I do to fill in this void?

Another bolt of thunder roared and my breath hitched in my throat when I suddenly sensed the presence of another in the far end of the pipe.

Madara.

"Hanabi"

"What do you want?", I sniffed.

"It's time for you to finally open your eyes", he declares.

I tipped my head low then began to brood.

This man...he's the reason why Minato and Kushina are dead. He's the reason why the Uchiha has been targeted and blamed.

How can I not kill him?

How did I allow this man to live for so long?

"I'll be honest Madara", I begin, as I let the rain pour over me, "I'd want nothing more than to kill you".

"I know", he replied, "but if you're so itching to kill me like you say you are then come inside and take off that bandage. Don't you think you've had it on for way too long".

"You're right", I scoffed humorlessly, "let's go inside".

A marked butterfly, which twirled around Madara was my gateway to teleport right behind him where we stood back to back.

"Whoever lays beneath that mask of yours, doesn't matter to me. Because to me, you're the imposter who unleashed the nine-tails, leaving a child to be an orphan and looked at with contempt by his peers and village", I hiss through my gritted teeth and couldn't help the wicked grin on my lips.

"Then I guess that I'm the villain here aren't I?", he scoffs.

"Your ideals are wrong, Madara", I inform, "this notion you have, it isn't the solution to bring about peace".

"That's very bold, coming from the girl who still yearns for her parents, knowing that the only way she'll ever see them again is in death".

"They wouldn't have wanted me to end up like this", I reason.

"How would you even know?", he laughs wickedly, "you don't even know what kind of people Hayate and Ichiko were, you know nothing about you beloved parents my dear".

I bit down on my lip as I felt hot stinking tears roll down my face again.

Involuntarily, I'd whipped out a kunai and swung it in his direction, where he single-handedly blocked it out.

He took hold of my wrist as I couldn't stop crying at his harsh words.

"You, Hanabi Namikaze, you've never known happiness. Every time you think that something will go right it always ends up going downhill. So tell me, why do you keep defending a world that gave you all this pain?".

"If you answer my question then I may acknowledge your point, so go ahead then, Hanabi, why is this world worth saving if all it has ever caused is pain and sorrow?

I cursed myself for sobbing even harder as the thunder roared again. With quivering lips and a shaky voice, I scarcely whisper, "I-I don't know..."

____________________________________

A/N:- I don't expect you to like this chapter, but yeah, it's hard to explain why it's this short, but I'll redeem myself in the next one I promise✨✨

~A