Chapter 11: Reality Sinking In

Jackus

I wake up, dizzy, groggy, and angry.

When the white coated alien walked in, he produced a syringe, and sunk it in my arm. That's when I passed out.

Stop drugging me!

I snarl, getting angrier as the muzzle snaps my lips shut. Oh, for heaven's sakes! I realize I'm back in the carrier from before...when they took me to get me muzzled.

I feel so tired...and weird...and light...I watch through the net as I'm carried down more of the same white halls, until they change.

These halls are painted a light pink, the floor carpeted, the doors more decorated.

As I'm carried, dizziness coats me from all over, and I can barely keep my head up form the sickening feeling. 

When the halls end into a large room, I stare around in shock. It's a freaking store. Aisles upon aisles of shelves, full to the brim of...pet items?!

Yep. I know for certain what's going on now. I'm in a freaking pet shop. I'm the pet!

I growl again through gritted teeth, so I don't activate the muzzle as we come to the front of the store, where a large window sits, with comfy chairs against it, and the door besides those.

I glance out the window, and shudder at the sight. A market of stores...a town. A road, and automobiles. Many aliens...not just the white ones...roaming around with shopping bags...and pets on collars and leashes.

Oh hell no.

We stop in front of the same alien who picked me up from the pen, and warning bells rings in my head as he stands, and the carrier is handed over to him.

The white alien that was carrying me bends down and stares at me through the net, smiling.

The one that has been taking care of me. He seems...happy. He gurgles out a few words before standing back up and continues his conversation with...my new owner.

Oh please, please, let this all be a dream. I want to wake up now.

After they finish talking, the gray and blue alien picks up a large pile of bags by his chair with his other hand and walks out of the door.

I shrink back at the new sounds and the harsh light as I am walked over to a sleek large black car. The passenger side is opened, and I am placed on the too-large seat inside it, before it's shut again.

The alien places his bags in the back, before walking over to the driver's side, and settles in.

And we're off.