Chapter 22: Back Home

Ipp

I wince as I pull out my Lyon from the front seat, carrying him inside and setting the carrier down on the tile floor. 

I crouch down and peer through the netting. Glossy eyed. Shaking body. The occasional whimper. The Jias definitely taught him his first lesson in their relationship. 

Shaking my head, I go to retrieve the sedated Jias. 

While also re-living the scene that happened in front of my eyes. 

After Lyon hisses at the Jias, the Jias takes the challenge, as he has perceived it. He hisses back, wrapping his body around Lyon, and placing his mouth and fangs on Lyon's neck. 

The three of us tenses as the two pets try to assert dominance over the other. Lyon pales considerably, but starts to kick any part of the Jias he can. 

The Jias replies by breaking the skin under his fangs, deep enough to force Lyon to be still. They breathe heavily, both of them growling. 

Until Lyon finally slumps, his growls and his flailing also stopping. I sigh turning to the two Glimates, Jilean, and who was Lyon's handler, Tullio. 

"I'll take the Jias. Thanks for all that you did. Although I'd like them in separate carriers on the ride home. If you could sedate the Jias for me that would be great. What is his name?" They stare at me like I've grown a third horn for a few moments. 

"U-uh, Reilzi. That's t-the name h-he was given u-upon his a-arrival." Telliu says, and I nod. "Are you sure you want Reilzi? We can force his bond to break." Kiljean asks, and I shake my head. 

"No. Don't. That will only bring more pain in the long run. I'm not exactly up for it, but not against it either. At this point, a companion might be good for Lyon. A non-human companion is even better, considering his past with his own kind back on Earth. I'll just have to take caution as they develop a closer bond besides one-sided instincts." I explain, and they nod eagerly. 

"Alright. Let's get you to sign the adoption papers then. Telliu will take care of the sedation and...?" I shrug. 

"If you could put that color device in his head to allow him to see what he wants, that'll be great. It seems to have worked for him...at least to calm him down if I'm not mistaken from these reports." I mutter, glancing at the files in my hand. 

Within seconds, I am led away as a team retrieves the two pets. 

I shake my head from the memory, and open my back doors, sighing at the sight before me. Grabbing the much larger metal crate, I walk inside, placing Reilzi in my room. 

Double checking he is still under, I close my door on him, leaving him in his cage for now. He has some lessons to learn first before I let him out of that cage. 

Walking back in the front room, I flinch when I find myself facing the guys. "Aah, hey guys. Sorry I'm late. Stuff happened." I nervously say, and Gui narrows his eyes.