Chapter 29: Hee-Hee

Lyon

I freeze as my owner rounds the corner, caught in the act. He stops and stares, bewildered at me as I just stare right back at him. 

Instead of fighting the snake-boy 24/7, I've decided to use another tactic I realized works really well. 

Without breaking my stare from my owner, I pull a scale off of the sleeping snake's tail, before running off with a giggle in my throat. 

Snake-boy's hisses behind me are all I need to hear before I dash into my den-room, effortlessly clinging the door shut. 

It's been a week or so (I think) since waking up in the Jias' bed, in which I of course, freaked out at. 

And even though my fear of the snake-boy is now replaced with anger, annoyance, and other such emotions, I still don't like him very much. 

I cackle as he smashes into the door, knowing he cannot get past. The giants made it clear to him when he tried do so the second night of him being here. He was not happy to figure out that rule, but the giants (and I) were not having it. 

Hee-hee. 

I curl up on the bed, ignoring the upset snake as he gnashes his teeth, and paces the room, glancing inside every few seconds. 

Ipp

I sigh, exhausted. 

Gui sighs as well, also exhausted. 

This past week has definitely taught us some things about both our new pets. Lyon...now that he has calmed down a bit besides with snake boy, has been found to have quite a personality. 

He's still shy around us quite a lot, but on his own or with (against) Reilzi, he's actually curious, teasing, and sometimes even a bit...too much. 

He's also pretty clumsy. I guess not being used to run-crawling all over wooden floors and slick carpet does that to you. He has crashed into walls and doors countless times...enough to give me a headache. 

And with Reilzi...he sure has a way to get on his nerves. Somehow having understood he doesn't match Reilzi's strength, he now takes it upon him to tease, bother, and push Reilzi to the limits. 

I literally just caught him ripping off a few scales during the Jias' nap, and I wince as the Jias chased after him, only to hear him crashing into the bed-door. 

And as for Reilzi...he is a lot more possessive than I thought he would be. Marking his territory by clawing into the walls and doors, destroying his crate with feathers from his torn bed, and unfortunately, riling Lyon up by smothering him constantly. 

Gui glances at me as we listen to the aggravated sounds coming from Reilzi. 

"Think we took too much on our plates?" Gui mumbles, his face droopy with sleep. I nod, also droopy myself. "Yeah." 

We just sit there, contemplating our life choices. 

Reilzi

I snap my teeth in annoyance. My nestmate is so mean sometimes. He ignores me as I call out to him, a shrill humming sound. 

Distressed, I rake my claws against a wall, digging in. 

All I want is come cuddles. Thinking for a bit, I smile. I leave the room, sneakily entering the kitchen after keeping an eye on the two giants sitting on the couch. 

As I notice them not even glancing my way, I jump on a counter, and nuzzle a cupboard open. Reaching my tail in at the top shelf, I pull out a bag of the weird-smelling balls the giants sometimes feed my nestmate, who seems to like them. 

I think they called them chocolate? 

Jumping off the counter, I dash, still unnoticed, back in the room. I wave the chocolates around, smirking as my nestmate perks up, his eyes eyeing the bag. 

I sneer backing away. He huffs moving closer. 

Hee-hee. 

This is going to be fun.