Chapter 19: I'm Confused (CHRISTMAS SPECIAL PT. 3)

Lyon

I am carried for a few more minutes until we come across a small room. It looks like a mudroom. With cubbies on one side, a bench in the middle of them. 

In each cubby, a piece of paper hangs from the top with some symbols on it, with a mixture of pet accessories underneath them. 

Carriers, leashes, you name it. 

He walks up to one and slowly grabs a white leash and matching white harness, and I recognize them to be the same ones that were put in my carrier with me when I was brought here. 

And sure enough, the black carrier sits in the back of the cubby, ominous. 

The alien sighs before walking back to the door we came through and shutting it. He then walks back to the middle of the room, and sets me down on the ground. 

I back up from him, confused. So very confused. I look up at him and we stare at each other for a few seconds. 

Then, I scramble away from him, practically leaping as far away as possible. He sighs and I narrow my eyes when he settles onto the ground, still facing me. 

My back hits the wall, and I huddle. 

He grumbles for a bit, clicking. He pulls out another piece of chocolate, and I eye it. He holds it out, but I don't dare. 

Telliu

I smile and roll the piece of chocolate. It lands a few feet away from him, far enough where he would have to move a couple of steps. 

He does so, hesitantly and after a few minutes. Luckily, he doesn't move back. I roll another one, landing just like the last one. 

We continue this until he's only a grab away, and he seems to realize this, paling and his chest quickening. 

"Shh, boy, it's okay." I mutter as I hold out the leash and harness. He whimpers, backing up a few inches, but I shush him, not moving another inch. 

"Come on now. I won't hurt you." He stares at the items before he walks back up, still with terrified eyes. 

I crack a smile. This is huge progress. "Good boy, Lyon." Slowly and gently, I move the harness closer to him and after nudging and poking it a few times, he stills, looking back up at me. 

I carefully and quickly snap it around his small body, and reward him with another chocolate. "Good job. You did it. Good boy." I chuckle, scratching his head. 

His body relaxes just a bit, and snapping the leash to the harness takes little to no effort. 

I hum in approval, standing. Forgetting how sensitive he was, I stood up too quickly for him to handle. He squeaks and tries to run, the leash tugging him in place. 

He cries out again, clawing at the harness, his eyes full of betrayal. "Hey now." I mutter, crouching down and touching him. 

He freezes and his breath catches. "Easy, easy." I murmur before picking his stiff body up and walking through the door that leads to the outside world. 

Lyon

When he settles me back on the ground, I stare around in amazement. Other large creatures are walking around various animal-like pets, and a few humans. 

Many are muzzled. Some are even restrained by some limbs and/or tails. 

I look around for a bit more until I feel a tug at my harness. I look up to see my own large something staring down at me with a smile. 

He pulls the leash again, and I hesitantly start to practically crawl through the grass underneath me. 

So this is what it feels like to "be walked." It isn't too terrible. 

YES!I CUT IT AT THAT! SORRY, BUT YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT. THIS IS THE END OF THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL? LYON IS GETTING BETTER! WHAT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT? MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! 

- SINCERELY, MYA KENNEDY MORRIS