When you wanted to be prettier for him : him as your best friend/crush

Jeon Jungkook (oneshot):
Y/N's POV:
I sighed...looking at the models in this magazine, my heart ached again.

"Why can't I be pretty like them? Or why can't I look like Yeonmi?!"

I pouted sadly. My innerself wanted to burst out in tears. Unbelievable, how much a person can feel ugly.

Yeonmi was Jungkook's best friend since childhood. She was beyond pretty, but she was nothing like the bratty, popular girls. She was a kind soul. She was so good to me right from the start when me and Jungkook became friends. Eventually, we became friends too.

I was always so jealous at her. Jungkook is my long-time crush and my feelings towards him developed stronger these days

I love him, I do. However, every time I looked at Yeonmi and him smiling together and being all touchy, I felt insecure. Jungkook never touched me like her. At first I thought that maybe It's just because they're best friends since babies, but as time passed by, I became more insecure.

I couldn't tell Jungkook, because even If I would've confessed to him...why would he date a girl like me?

••

I looked in the mirror and felt disgusted. My body at least ten times thicker than Yeonmi's, circles under the eyes, pale skin, acne...so many flaws that I couldn't even count them.

I felt ashamed, being a friend with two pretty people and then here I am.

"I need to change. For Jungkook, for people...because of everyone." I thought as I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath.

••

The next day at school:
"Hi Y/N! Will you come with us today for some food and then play games?' Jungkook asked as they both smiled at me at lunch.

I was just playing with the food in the plate. They were french fries and steak with ketchup (lol😂only If food was really like that in schools). Normally, I would stuff my mouth with it and don't care, but I decided to be on diet.

"Y/N? What's wrong? Are you feeling okay?" Yeonmi asked as I nodded with a thin smile.

"Yeah, of course, I am. I'm sorry guys, but I wanted to go to the gym today, so I won't come." They both look at me an began to laugh.

"What?" I questioned with a serious expression.

"You're kidding, right? You and going to the gym?! You hate sports Y/N! And why don't you eat? Normally, you would just-" "Well, I'm not hungry and yes, I'm going to the gym. Bye guys." I stood up and put the tray away as I walked out.

••

Two weeks later:
I began to go to the gym, but instead of feeling lighter...I felt more fat.

I ate only salads and stopped with every kind of junk food. The food wasn't good, but I endured it.

Today, I decided to wear something different. I'm that "tomboy" type of girl. Baggy and plus size clothes were my best friends, but as I wanted to change, I wore a tight black jeans and a crop-top. I put on some jacket and I also tried make-up.

I've never worn make-up before, so It was a challenge for me, but I found a guide on YouTube, so I thought that It would be fine...

••

I went through the school's hallway...everybody was looking at me and I wondered why.