22| A genuine friendship

Don't take me tongue tied
Don't take no good bye

______________________

Gakushū and Karma were quick to scramble off of each other, whilst stupidly falling on top of each other again twice.

Rio snickered at them, while Nagisa just watched with an amused smile. "I mean we could leave if you two-" Rio started

"No!" Gakushū was quick to yell. He got to his feet and so did Karma. The strawberry blonde found himself blushing out of embarrassment, but he forced himself to look annoyed. "So what are you doing here?"

"We could ask you the same thing" Nagisa pointed out. "This is Karma's house"

"And I--- ensure it" Gakushū said.

"Uh ha" Rio raised a brow. Nagisa dug something from his bag. He pulled out a notebook and handed it to Karma. "Here's all the homework you missed and notes you need" he said, smiling.

"Thanks" Karma said taking the notebook gratefully.

"So" Rio clapped her hands together. "We're hungry!"

Five minutes later Gakushū can be seen in the kitchen microwaving bread and cooking hotdogs from Rio and Nagisa. Karma meanwhile chatted with them about things. Gakushū couldn't hear because they were speaking in hushed voices

When he finished cooking the hotdogs, he decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"You look more sickly Karma" Nagisa said concerned. "Eventually make up's not gonna be enough to cover up your eye bags"

"I'm fine, really" Karma insisted.

"So what's the deal with Asano?" Came Rio's voice.

"Typical abusive childhood shit" Karma sounded angry now. But then he calmed down after a minute "I'll save him"

"How?" Nagisa voiced his concerns. "The Chairman is sneaky, manipulative, and has connections, what if he does something to you for meddling in their personal affairs?"

"If you're planning to report child abuse, you'll need a fair amount of evidence too" Rio added. "Such as physical wounds"

"But what if his dad just say Asano-kun hurts himself?" Nagisa added. He himself knows what it's like being with an abusive parent, he's lucky enough that his mother has completely changed and is taking doctor appointments every week.

"Then I'll have to figure something out" was Karma's answer.

Gakushū's eyes widened at this declaration. This boy, this boy really wants to help him, to save him. But what can he do? what can they do? what could anyone possibly do against his father?

But somehow the strawberry blonde felt his lips stretching to a smile and a rare warmness enveloped him inside. "Nakamura! Shiota! Your snack is ready" he called. "I won't bring them over there, if you want to eat get over here"

"Smells good!" Rio exclaimed already running towards the kitchen, Nagisa right behind her.

Gakushū went to the living room and plopped himself on the couch.

He checked his watch. "I have to go" he said. "Want to walk me home?" He looked at the red head with a rare tenderness. Karma blinked, and found himself blushing at the way Gakushū was looking at him. He just nodded and got up, following Gakushū out the door

"Don't go into my room and don't touch anything!" He called to Rio and Nagisa. "I'll know when something's out of place"

Then he followed Gakushū down the street.

But the strawberry blonde pulled on his hand and made him walk beside him.

(Author: they were holdings hands the entire walk and they didn't realized it)