53| Karma lashes out

Got no reason, got no shame
Got no family I can blame
Just don't let me disappear
I'ma tell you everything

___________________

"Karma! Karma smile!" Natsuki exclaims as she and him stands in a photobooth.

Karma forced his lips to curve upwards.

He was smiling sure, but his eyes said otherwise.

When the pictures were developed, Natsuki bit her lower lip. His smile looked...strained, and they both looked so stiff here. Nevertheless, it was a picture with her son and she's keeping it.

"Karma, are you hungry?" She asks, following him to the food court.

"Clearly. That's why I'm heading to the food court, since I couldn't finish my breakfast because a certain someone dumped my food in the sink" Karma snapped.

"Oh..sorry, about that" Natsuki apologized, feeling ashamed. "Okay! Let's get something to eat, what would you like? Hot dogs? Barbecue? Ramen?" She took out her purse.

Karma's eyes wandered from food stand to food stand. "Anything will do" he finally decided with a shrug. Natsuki nodded and wen to line up at the barbecue stand, while her son sat at one of the tables.

Pressing a palm against his cheek, he watched the people in the amusement park. His attention was mostly on the families

Families laughing and smiling and just, being happy with their children.

One particular family caught his eye. They had a red haired son, he estimates is around ten years old. He was lifted by his father and paced to sit on his shoulders

The mother looked worried and had her hands out stretched ready to catch her son in case he fell

"I'm a giant! Look at me mama I'm a giant!" The kid squealed as he was paraded around by his father.

Envy reared it's ugly head.

He never experienced that.

Anger bubbled up inside him as he watched his mother stand in line. The nerve of this woman to pretend she's done nothing wrong, to pretend that everything is fine. To act as if they were always there

It always pissed him off the way they act whenever they're at home.

They pretend like they give a shit about him, pretend like they're not gone for months, abandoning him to his own devices.

It pisses him off further how much his parents scream and curse at each other, only for them to act loving and understanding the next day. This morning at the kitchen is an example. He knows the next day they'll act like nothing happened.... wouldn't even apologize to each other.

He hates this so much, he felt sick

"Karma"

His head shot up and he met identical golden-orange eyes. "Here you go" she pushed the small paper plate of pork barbecue towards him.

"I figured we should try that haunted house next, I know how much you like horror and jump scares" she laughs to herself. When she heard no response from him, she turned her head to face him "Karma?"