33| Karma's treasure

It's been a couple of months since I felt like home, am I getting closer to knowing where I belong?

___________________________

"ACK! Karma-kun please wait until I finish the lecture!" Korosensei scolded as he dodged what felt like the seventeenth anti Koro knife flung at him.

Karma kept his eyes on the clock, waiting patiently

Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two...

The bell rang signaling the end of the day. Everyone got up, gathering their bags, ready to go home, except for Terasaka and his gang who were setting up one last trap.

"Hey Karma! There's a new cafe that opened near the school, wanna check it out with us?" Rio suggested.

"No thanks" Karma walked pass the blonde.

"I've been there, their chocolate cake is delicious!" Nagisa added.

"Mine's better" Karma remarked walking pass Nagisa.

"You can bake?" Kaede questioned in surprise. Karma just ignored her.

"Oh, okay then. We'll check out the cafe with you...some other time then" Nagisa waved a pitiful good bye to his friend, which was ignored. Rio crossed her arms "He'll be back to normal tomorrow" she assured him. "I bet he just needs to take care of something that's been bothering him"

"What do you think it is?" Kaede asked.

"Asano" Rio dropped.

And she was right. Karma headed down the mountain, entered the back of the school, and stomped his way up the spiral staircase to the roof where he and Gakushū agreed to meet.

There was Gakushū leaning against the railing, his red muffler wrapped around him comfortably.

Karma felt relieved to see his red muffler again. In fact, it even looked brand new, maybe Gakushū washed it for him?

"Hey" Gakushū greeted him pleasantly.

"Hi" Karma returned his greeting, making sure to let Gakushū know he wasn't happy to see him.

"How was school?" Gakushū continued.

"I threw knives at my teacher seventeen times" Karma confessed without blinking. "You?"

Gakushū didn't know if Karma was joking or not. Judging by his pissed off expression and tapping of foot he was probably being sarcastic. Obviously Karma is mad at him for taking his muffler.

Gakushū placed a hand on the red fabric, and reluctantly pulled it off his neck.

Karma outstretched his hand, waiting for him to place it on his palm. "Come on" he urged, open and closing his palm.

"You treat this thing like it's a treasure" Gakushū mumbled. Karma's sharp ears caught it though. "Because it is" he grunted.

Once the fabric was in his hand, he wrapped it around his neck, bringing it up his nose and inhaling it. Gakushū blushed because he thought Karma was smelling his scent that he left on the muffler because he wore it all day. When in reality he was sniffing his mother's perfume, or at least what's left of it.

"It was my mom's" Karma continued.

"Oh" was all Gakushū managed to say. "I'm sorry for taking it"

Karma was about to say something mean to him, tell him off for taking it, and maybe call him a creep. But he saw the genuine regret in those purple eyes, so he just said "Just don't do it again" he narrowed his eyes at him. Gakushū held out his hands "Promise" he swore.

Suddenly, Karma grabbed him by the arm and yanked him forward, surprising the strawberry blonde.

"If you really wanna make it up to me then treat me to cake" Karma emphasized. "There's a new Cafe that opened, it's near the school"

"What, like a date?" Gakushū teased. The slight widen of Karma's eyes and the pink hues that appeared on his cheeks was enough to make him realize Karma didn't know he was joking.

He wanted to embarrass Karma, but decided to just spare him. "Alright fine, I'll treat you to cake. But it has to be the cheapest one!"

"Whatever second-place-chan" Karma shrugged playfully.

"Don't call me that shitty nickname!"