74| Aftermath

I needed something, someone to trust in, I needed something to get me through this life, never saw you coming and now we're just running

_______________________

Gakushū was the first one out. His sister and cousin behind him, with Nanami carrying their mother on her back.

The state of their home made Gakushū's heart ache, just a bit.

Hellish their experiences were in this place, this was still their home

Hellish their experiences were in this place, this was still their home. The place they grew up in. Not all memories in the mansion were bad, he can still feel warmth when he remembers the nights he'd sneak in his sister's bed, or his mother singing them to sleep, or the rare instances they were allowed to play games around the house. Now everything was burning down

"Let's go. It's coming down" Yuki said to her cousins, covering her mouth so to not breathe in the smoke.

"Yes" Gakushū agreed.

The two walked a head. Nanami was about to follow but, a thought struck her. Adjusting her mother on her back, she knelt down and picked up a burning wood. She eyed the it warily, but she knew she had to do this.

Gakushū and Yuki stopped when they heard Nanami hiss in pain, and the sound of skin burning. "Onee-chan!" Gakushū exclaimed rushing back to her. "What are you doing?!"

The honey blonde staggered, but stood firmly. "It's better to do this" she explained. "To approach 100% the outcome we want"

Yuri's eyes widened at the sight of the burn mark on Nanami's neck. "But..." She started.

"Adults won't doubt our word if we were not only burned out of our home, lost our father, but injured as well... And" she forced a determined smile. "Once we revealed to the public how corrupt our father really was, we'll earn more sympathy"

The younger Asanos admired her. They didn't even consider that.

"Moreover this is my recompense to you little brother. You who I abandoned here, forgave me and allowed me to be close to you once again... this is proof of my resolve that we'll go on living together"

The distant cousin felt touched at the sisterly love Nanami showed her brother. Her admiration for them grew even more. Truly, being loyal to these two is much better than her experience being the underling of Asano Gakuho.

"Let's go, cousins" she said, helping Nanami stand. "Masami-sama will suffer a heart attack if she awakens to.. This sight"

"Right" The siblings agree before walking to the exit together.just then, the ceiling collapsed

The four of them would have been crushed had it not been for the sudden blurry yellow creature that grabbed them all out of the way.

__________________________

When Karma arrived in front of the burning mansion, fire fighters were already there

There was also an ambulance and police cars.

Karma's breathing quickened and his thoughts were filled with the worst case scenarios. He was however calmed down when he saw a shadowy silhouette emerge from the fire.

He breathed with relief when he saw his teacher(in disguise obviously) appear with Gakushū, Nanami, a girl he didn't know, and their mother with him. They shared a blanket over their heads

"Doctor! We need a doctor!" Korosensei shouted.

"Are you all alright?!" A fire man yells.

"Medic!" Another one shouts. Soon the medical team was fretting over the Asanos.

"Me and my cousin are fine" Gakushū calmly told the nurse. "It's my mother and sister who need help, my sister was burned and my mother inhaled a lot of smoke"

"O-of course!"

When the nurse left him alone to check on his mother and sister however, Gakushū staggered, and almost fell on his back. But he was caught by someone.

Gakushū's eyes closed as he inhaled the sweet smell of Karma's cologne.

"It's over" he whispered.

Karma didn't say anything, instead he sat them down on the hood of a police car, removed his red scarf from his person, and wrapped it around Gakushū, covering even his nose.

Gakushū inhaled the lingering smell of Karma from the scarf.

"He seems to be in shock" Korosensei observes. "But he'll be fine, he will be questioned by the authorities later on though"

"I will deal with them later" Gakushū whispered, pressing himself against Karma. "For now let me remain this way.... please" he held Karma's hand. "Stay"

"I'm here" Karma reassured. "I'm here for you"

And he always will be

(Author: The pictures are screenshots from Moriarty The Patriot)