16

𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚢 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚎 𝙹𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜
𝙰 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚢 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚎 𝙹𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝙰 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

August 28th. I hate and love this day. I turned on my side as memories filled my brain.

"I'm so sorry to say this ma'am but your baby didn't survive. I'll give you a moment." The doctor handed me, my baby. I held her close as tears fell down my face. She had my complexion with features of  Carter. I looked at the date on the board that was in the room.

August 28 it read making me smile.

"Happy birthday my sweet Melody." I kissed her forehead before handing her to the nurse.

Melody was buried somewhere in Russia. I wouldn't be able to breathe knowing she is buried close to me. I would be crying at her grave every day. I have been laying in my bed since I woke up. It was rolling on to the afternoon now. The door opened revealing Dusty.

"You hungry Phat." I shook my head and turned over so my back was to him. He let out a heavy sigh.

"I know today not ya day but you gotta eat. You not bout to starve ya self." The smell of food hit my nose as he walked further into my room. My stomach growled making me smack my teeth.

"Exactly." I sat up and watched him pull a breakfast platter out of the IHOP bag. He handed me the plate and a fork then sat my apple juice on the dresser.

A/N: Don't care what nobody say apple juice better than orange 🤷🏾‍♀️

We sat in silence as I ate my food.

"What nigga." I snapped as he stared at me.

"You and yo luh ma share a birthday." He spoke making my eyes burn with tears. That's what hurt me the most. We share a birthday.

"How old you turn." He asked taking my empty plate.

"23," I said getting out the bed.

"What about luh m-1."He nodded.

"We doin some later on but I gotta go to the tattoo shop. Got sum in mind I wanna get." He stared off in space making me nod.

"I want you dress by 10 ight. If you not dats yo ass." His eyes got darker making me smack my teeth.

"Go away Demon." He chuckled.

"Come mere Phat." He yanked me out of the bed and hugged me. I relaxed in his arms wrapping my arms around his body.

"Be dressed by 10." He kissed my forehead. I nodded and he walked out. I sighed and walked back to the bed about to get in when I heard Dusty voice.

"GET YO ASS AWAY FROM DA BED FANTASY." I huffed and fixed my bed before going into the bathroom.

𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢 (𝟿:𝟻𝟶)