Chapter 63

"I still don't understand this festival." I said carefully as I was sitting on the floor of my house with Naomi and she was looking at different outfits online.

Naomi's parents both died during the war; they had both been pilots. She was an 'orphan', even if she was in her twenties just like I. She was two years younger, but she was so much more mature than I ever would be. She had no siblings. She was alone in this world, just the way I felt. She basically stayed at my house after she found out who I was. Not that she put herself in my life, or forced herself. It was my idea. I liked having her around. I loved hearing her viewpoints on everything. I loved her.

"We celebrate the beginning of the new world. Eventually, when all the anger is spread out of the people in the other districts, they will celebrate it in other districts. Apparently the plan is that on the tenth anniversary of the end of the war, they'll celebrate it in Askad and they'll go around each district each year." She explained and I nodded carefully. "But right now, it's a world wide party, but all the kings and Queens come to Locatlie and they party. That's why it's masked. They don't want to be recognised." She elaborated and I nodded. "Last year it was in Valkarae, the first year. This year it's here in Yordan." She said and I nodded.

"But there are parties all around the world?" I asked for clarification.

"Yes. It's a holy week, that means that everyone is off and they get to celebrate." She said with the biggest smile ever and I couldn't help but smile. "It's themed too. They're still trying to figure it out a bit. Last year was the trial run so to speak. This will be the first actual festival." She explained and she turned the laptop around. "These are the themes." She explained and she pointed towards them. "The Red one will always stay, as it's for all the blood that we lost. A reminder of the pain." She said and I nodded carefully looking at her. "The black as well, as before the Kings of Locatlie saved the world, the world was in a bad place, it is a black page of our history." She said and I nodded gain, that made sense. "Then, because they want us all to be happy, they are doing a dressing up part. It's basically what we see in movies about halloween." I smiled and nodded. "Then one white night, where everyone dresses in white, to honour all the people we've lost in the war and hope their path to Seglusa's realm went well." I smiled at that a bit. "Then there is the fancy dress day, which is the last day. It's a big ball of sorts, it's amazing. At least that's what I saw on pictures when it happened in Valkarae." She said and I giggled at that. "Then there is one day where the theme is hearts, to honour the great work and the loss we had in the war of hearts and lastly, purple, as it's the national colour of our country of course."

"Of course." I confirmed at that. "So, what exactly are you doing?"

"Getting the best outfits of course." She said with a huge smile. "Looking at idea's on the internet. There is so much inspiration. Then I'm going to go shopping for the best outfits and see what I want."

"Why don't you just get a designer?"

"Because I'm not a Queen of the world."

"But I am." I said and she stared at me for a second and her eyes widened and I nodded. "I'm the Queen of Locatlie remember. I can just get a designer here and we tell our idea's and she'll design it for us. At least, that's what I think I remember from before the war."

"Then call her."

Well that's what we did and we designed our outfits and we were laughing and drunk and it was fucking amazing.

I was really excited about this festival. It sounded like a party, it sounded like fun. It sounded like something that I would enjoy.