Chapter 2

".... names of the people of your group should be emailed to you before the end of the day." Peace caught the last words of her lecturer after dosing on and off throughout the lecture.

"Just stop attending these lectures, you sleep from the moment the lecturer opens their mouth," Rea advised her friend on their way to the cafeteria during lunch.

"I know, I feel guilty when I skip them.", they searched for an available table. "You're glowing.", the smiling Peace complemented, nudging her friend, "Ahh, we didn't get the best view today." She said as they sat down with their chicken mayo sandwiches and juice. Rea looked around "Yeah we're late all our tables are occupied." They used to sit on one of the three tables that faced the entrance and watch people coming to the cafeteria. They would rate their clothes, body, walk or make up a story of how these people are thinking, as if they were watching runaway models on a fashion show.

Rea turned to face Peace, "Okay, don't judge me.", she said blowing out some air while reaching for her hand. Peace studied her face for a second and found her answer, "Fuck you!", she exclaimed, removing her hand from the table, and leaning back on the chair. "I'm sorry friend, I know Ndumiso and I are complicated, but I really love him, friend." She tried to reason with her friend who did not want to hear anything about her getting back with her ex. "You're making me look stupid, I can't believe you right now. You had me drinking the wine on Wednesday you knew I was saving for the end of that hell week so that I can help you say that boy where to get off." She half-shouted. "I bet y'all were laughing about my stupidness during pillow talk. That's why you said nothing when I said you're glowing, Bathong Rea!" "You're making me feel worse, you know that?", Rea finally got the chance to speak, "Look I know you don't like him, you don't have to, just please respect our relationship."

Peace cooled down after realizing the seriousness of the situation to her friend, "As long as you're still happy with him. Never ask any advice from me ever again and I'm never wasting my wine on you again." They changed the conversation as they prepared to go to their next class.

Rea was one of the beautiful souls Peace had found in the city they have been friends from the first year. They did not talk to or see each other every day, but they were there for each other. Peace always knew she could rely on her, same as Rea. She was a bit quiet and very caring so when Ndumiso cheated on her Peace made sure he knew how much of a jerk he was. It was understandable for Peace to get worked out when Rea told her she went back to her ex after making her share a piece of her mind. Peace knew she would not stop her friend from getting back with him so she told herself that Rea's heart will know when it was time to leave the relationship for good.