Chapter 17

The Find Out was a club for everyone downstairs and a strip club upstairs. Most people did not know about the strip club, it was exclusively for special people who had to be invited to attend. The main stage could occupy 50 attendees and there were only 5 private rooms. It was a classy club with everything always in order.

Peace's shift was starting at 9 pm and she found herself squeezing between the people who were partying downstairs. While she was climbing the stairs, she noticed Antonio looking and her, she quickly shifted her gaze to focus on the staircase. As always, she found Daniel outside her room, "Just give me the files Dan, I'm not that late I'll read.", she had 30 minutes before meeting the client. "With pleasure", he answered seemingly a bit annoyed earning a laugh from Peace, "Thanks, Buddy."

She unlocked the room while reading the first file.

'An hour and a half then I'm out of here.'

She read the first file, figuring out the costume and the character. When the time came, she locked her room, gave the key to Daniel then cat walked to the private room. The client did not seem too old like the ones she usually has.

'I forgot to check the age, the first thing on the paper.'

She had her mask on, the Boss did not know about it. She started dancing, making her moves to please the client and he seemed satisfied until he stood up.

'Goodness not today.'

Peace's energy shifted as he got closer to her. She did not know whether she should just run or that would get her in trouble. "I want to see your face.", he whispered to her ear, he was way too close. This man seemed to be in his early 30s, "I'll pay for it, come on sweetheart put a face to this beautiful character", he said removing the strands of the weave from her face. "Money first.", she answered, breaking the rule of not talking to the clients but he broke it first by getting closer to her.

A stack of banknotes was placed right below her feet. She slowly removed the mask; the man was not just looking at her face he was studying the face.

'I'm fucked!'

Peace felt something was wrong with this man, she stood on her feet, took the money, and headed to the door. She froze a few feet to the door when, "We still got time, my love", he said getting closer to her.

'What did I get myself into?!'

She looked at his hand travelling around her body which felt small against the man. She noticed the watch on his wrist, it was almost time. "Would you love a drink?" She asked trying to stretch the time, "I'd love to have you." She swallowed so hard. "Well pity we don't do that here.", she tried to sound so sure about herself.

She would move around the man, caress him praying that he does not do something in a blink of an eye. The time was up, and she was the first one to notice. Daniel opened the door for her and walked by an almost running Peace. "What is this place? a strip club or sex working place?!" She screamed at him. "What happened?", Daniel was confused because she seemed fine when he opened the door for her. "Tell your Boss I quit", she did not know where she got that confidence because she really needed the money. She was going to pay for the accommodation this weekend and then use the money she earns afterwards for living and savings.

~~~~

She was called to the office right after she took off the costume. She told herself she was not going to shout; she was going to talk like a civilized girl. "Daniel says you have something to say?", Antonio asked without looking at her. She stood by the door with her arms folded, "Yes, I quit the job find someone else to cover my remaining shifts tonight I cannot do it anymore.", he still did not look at her, "I'm afraid that is not going to happen", he said in a chilling voice standing up to pour them a drink. Peace maintained her calmness, "You said if I did not like the job I can go." "That was then, this is now. You signed a contract you'll finish it."

'Son of a bitch!'

Peace was internally screaming; she immediately knew she was trapped. "Want something to drink?", he asked pouring himself a glass, "I'll rather get back to work." She said walking away. She stopped in the middle of the hallway and turned towards the bar.

'I actually need a strong drink!'

"Hey, Zac! Two shots of tequila!", she shouted above the music and people who were talking. "You don't drink tequila", Zac replied, "Well, I do now! Please make it quick I should get back to work." Zac could tell that she was having a bad day, so he let her be. "Thanks, and a cider", she said pointing it over the counter. "I cannot do that, go do your shift then come get a cider" "Fine!" She climbs the stairs after downing both shots almost at the same time.

She arrived at her room, and read a file of her next client while getting dressed. The alcohol had boosted her mood a little, so she was ready to face yet another trouble. She went to the private room right on time. Her client was a 40-year-old Indian doctor.

'Not too bad.'

She walked and she could tell that it was his first time there. It was not her place to figure out why was he there even though he seemed like he was ashamed of being there. She started to follow the music and danced around the pole while avoiding eye contact. This man made her feel a little ashamed of what she was doing.

"Why don't we talk instead?", he asked. Peace did not mind; in fact, she liked the idea. "What's up?", she was breaking every rule tonight. "I just lost my wife and my kids do not even realize how hurt I am", he started, and Peace knew she was just going to be a therapist this time around.