Chapter 13

It was a Monday midday when Peace received another email from Akwande requesting a meet-up for the project. She had forgotten to reply to the first one. She agreed to meet after classes next to the biology building.

"Bro, my day wasn't planned out like this.", she complained to Rea after replying to the text. "You're the last person to complain, you had everyone meeting you on a Thursday instead of a weekend you've got to understand." She hated that her friend was right, "Fine, I'll use this time to understand my part of this project, happy?" Rea looked at her and faked a cheesy smile.

Her classes ended at 1:15 pm so she went to the library to wait until her meetup at 4 pm. She did not want to go to her room because she was going to cancel, and she struggled to leave her room once she got in after class. She took all the money she made over the weekend and paid up the academic fees she now had to pay up the rent.

Beep! Beep!

"Hey, I had an emergency and had to leave earlier. I asked my friend, Tazz, to come with you to my place.

Akwande "

'WTF!'

After exchanging emails with Akwande, Peace was able to communicate with Tazz and they met at one of the students' parking. "Hi, I'm Tazz, Akwande's friend, I'm sorry to keep you waiting.", he said coming towards Peace who was still searching for the guy with the description she was given.

'Is he white?'

"Hey, it's okay don't sweat it. Call me Peace." He was taken aback by her name and Peace found it cute and smiled. "Oh, I got our burgers for the road I'm hungry.", he said getting to his mind, "Thank you, how far are we going?" "Don't worry it's just a 45 minute-drive without traffic.", he went to open the passenger door for her, and Peace found that cute.

'Oh so 90 minutes because it's after 5 pm and there's a hell of a traffic'

They engaged in small talk, Peace found him very funny and cute. She was fighting the edge to ask him many personal questions. He seemed rich to her, even though the car seemed expensive. He was definitely her type, especially his physique but was he really white? something was not adding up.

They arrived after an hour and 15 minutes. She quickly checked her GPS, they were in Sandton, in the suburbs, where rich people stay. The houses were so beautiful she could not believe her eyes.

"Okay let's go get you delivered.", Tazz said opening his door and Peace did the same. She was so surprised and wanted to stand there and take in all her surroundings, she loved the garden she has always loved nature. When they got closer, she heard music.

'Are they having a party?'

They entered the big house full of her age mates except they smelled money this was a house of rich people.

'Okay don't say any word, they will smell poverty on your breath.'

She wanted to scream because WTF was going on. Peace was a confident person, but she did not prepare for this. "Yoh Jason, have you seen Xavier?", Tazz asked climbing down the stairs. "Go check the pool, he's probably swimming.", he replied without paying attention and Peace was glad that she was invisible to these people. They were having a party on a Monday.

Tazz left Peace still standing by the counter in the kitchen, she immediately thought of ordering an Uber because she strongly believed she was in the wrong house. When she was about to open the Uber app, Tazz reappeared again, "Let's go to the cottage it's much quiet there. You want anything to drink?"

"A cider if you have one."

"Wooh girl that caught me off-guard. I like you already." Tazz laughed at her choice of a drink. Peace worked well with alcohol she knew there was not going to be a problem also she needed to calm her nerves down because where was she at?

Tazz brought her to the cottage which looked more like an apartment, the bedroom was upstairs, visible from the main door, the kitchen was small and beautiful and a beautiful lounge in most of the setting and even the paint was in grey and white, it was beautiful.

Tazz left her alone for more than 20 minutes now. She texted her group chat with friends, named This happened. "Peace: Y'all I'm in Sandton, never felt so stupid.

Omu: How did you end up in Sandton?

Zana: Yooh you know people in Sandton now?

Mandy: You work there now?

Ntando: In fact, let's video chat we want proof before saying anything. "

Peace added all her friends in a video chat and explained how she ended up there. She started showing them around, "Ntando: Come on showing us the bedroom I want to see the view from up there.

Peace: Hell no! What if someone walks on me still in the bedroom?

Zana: Come on you'll be quick. You jog every day you've got a speed of a cheetah.

Peace: Fuck off."

She quickly climbed the staircase to the bedroom, entered the glass door that was not locked and went straight to the small triangular window to show her friends the view from the bedroom.

"Peace: Broh this is heaven on earth, it feels like a dream.

Omu: I bet most Instagram models would gravel to take pictures in this garden. I wonder what their net worth is.

Peace: I don't care, if I could steal the garden Chomie I would..."

"I'm afraid that's impossible." Peace froze on the spot, she had forgotten she was still in the bedroom and the voice was not Tazz's, and she just spoke about stealing.

'Wrong word at a time and place.'

"I'm super sorry it's not what you think, I know it sounds wrong Yooh." She said with her eyes closed still facing the window and her friends left the video chat, immediately.

'I'm in deep shit.'

"So, you going to stay like that forever or we are going to introduce ourselves?"

She turned and looked at this giant caramel-skinned man with huge curly hair. he was super handsome in her eyes; you could tell he worked out.

'Hair, curly hair?'

"You're staring, it's rude.", he said getting closer to her, "Oh I'm sorry, I'm Peace."

'Fuck! If you apologize one more time.'

He reached for a grey t-shirt from his wardrobe, "I know I haven't told you where we are going to be working but it's definitely not my bedroom." "Shit! Right", she did not say another word as she immediately crossed the room and jogged down the stairs silently praying she does not trip and embarrass herself even more. She reached the lounge and quickly gulped down what was remaining of her cider.

'Goodness, I need another one before I explode.'

She contemplated going to check the fridge, but she eventually went to check.

'Got it!', she did not even think twice and turned to walk to the lounge while opening the bottle with her teeth. She was startled by Akwande standing there, "You could've asked for help, you know that?"

'Okay bury me now, I can't take this anymore.'