Chapter 39

Peace and Akwande have been dating for a month and they were hardly apart from each other. She was always at his place, and Akwande had always found a way to trick her to spend time there.

Well, their relationship did not have a great start. So, when Peace woke up on Akwande's chest with her left leg on top of his legs, she was beyond confused. She carefully got up without disturbing him as he was fast asleep. She wore her dress, took all her stuff and snuck out. On her way home she viewed all the texts and calls from her friends asking about her whereabouts and even threatening to involve the cops should she not get back to them within 7 hours.

When she got to her room, she called them, and they were already there when she got out of the shower. "Guys, I am not even hungover, how lovely is that?", she said as she put lotion on her body, "Peace, we are not here for that, please fill us in", Omuhle had enough of her games. She narrated the whole date to the point where she ran. "His dick must have magic for you to be whipped like this", Azana commented, "It's Akwande", she finally said and covered her face.

To her surprise, her friends were not so surprised it was him, they have always known Peace had strong feelings for him, "So, you are going to be his side?", Mandy asked, trying so hard not to sound offensive. "He broke up with Maddy", she said as she gulped down large amount of water. "Look at you being a homewrecker", Ntando jokingly said. They approved of their relationship, encouraging her to give it a try. Peace had a lot to think about but said 'fuck it', she will try this relationship thing with him. She told Rea about it and she was also happy for her.

"You're super-hot in that haircut, I'm quite jealous everyone gets to see that", they were having breakfast. Akwande had cut his curly hair and this new haircut was a total makeover, he looked very different and thanks to Peace who had thrown hints that she did not like his big hair by pointing out that he looked like a teenager. "I knew you would like it, you never loved my curls", she pretended to be shocked and dramatically placed her hand on the chest, "Me? That's untrue, I loved your hair so much, but it made you look like my younger brother", he laughed. Peace began clearing the table, "Baby, I need to go back to my place and catch up on work and schoolwork. The way we're living right now is going to cost us.", he went to lean next to the sink where she was washing dishes, "I know, we need to get back on track before we regret it, but baby,", he hugged her waist from the back, "you can do that here." Peace laughed, "Uh-uh, how many times we have set a to-do list and done nothing on it? The only thing that comes out of us being together is intimacy and laughing about stupid things." "Yeah, true. When do you think of going back?", she wiped her hands and turned to face him, "After cleaning", she looked into his eyes waiting for a reaction. "What? Right now? Today?", yep, she expected that. "Yes baby, I must catch up on my schoolwork, and my friends, and I'm close to losing my job. I've got a lot to do."

Once he heard those reasons, he realized they were behind with everything. He has not spoken to Tazz, his best friend, in a long time because every time Tazz called he would make up excuses and promised to call him later but never did. He had stopped going to the big house a month ago, he would not even know when there had been a robbery. They spent a lot of time in the cottage, finding new recipes, games, TV shows, books to read, and majority of the time making out. Their relationship was moving too fast. On the other hand, Peace had missed a lot of lunch dates with her friends and no longer went to church with them. She would always be late for class so she would not be able to sit next to Rea but most of the time she missed her classes. It has been weeks since she last checked on her family, she would forget to get back to them should she find their voicemails. She was basically left out on about 90% of her life.

Peace ended up leaving around 5 pm, Akwande managed to make her stay a little bit more. They never got tired of making out, "I miss you already ", he said following Peace down the stairs while putting on his shirt, "Boy, I'm not falling for your tricks no more. Please hurry up my Uber is almost here", she was fixing her hair, "You aren't taking no Uber I've told you that multiple times. Cancel that trip before we argue about it", she had no time for that, so she cancelled, and they headed to his car.

A few minutes later, they were parked outside her place, "All right baby, I'll see you next weekend. I love you.", she then got out of the car, "Uh-uh little miss, what do you think you're doing?", he grabbed her arm and kiss her passionately, the kiss that always resulted in them doing nothing but making out the whole day. "I hate when you do that", she said pulling away, he laughed, "It got you up in your feelings too? Come on invite me in, we going to make it quick baby, please" She was tempted, "No, no, next weekend, my love", she opened the car door avoiding looking in his direction. He got out too and went to help her with her bags, "I'm a little mad, but I still love you more than anything, all right?", they were saying their goodbyes at the entrance of the building, "I love you more baby, I still cannot believe I am.", she smiled. They kissed one more time and he went to his car while she entered the building, she has not been in for 2 weeks.

'Girl, you're so gone.'