Chapter 12

The weekend went well, they have been working long hours with everyone doing their best work. TK arrived an hour ago on a Sunday and they were supposed to leave in 5 hours. He apparently had a gig on a Saturday, he did not even bother to tell them he was postponing, talking about rappers. So, they were getting him ready, and Peace was scrolling through Instagram and chitchatting with her friends.

Beep! Beep!

Her phone notified her of the new message. It was an email, she sat up straight, "Hey Peace, this is one of your group members can we please meet after school tomorrow? I've already met up with the others they've told me that you're away. Please get back to me.

Akwande Khumalo."

She started typing her response, but Cash snatched her phone, "What the...", he pointed a finger in warning, "We don't have time baby girl go do your thing and get us all out of here" she marched inside leaving Cash next to the pool where she was seated. She recognized TK, he was an uprising rapper, and she immediately did not like his stinking attitude.

'I'll just do my job and mind my business. What worse could possibly happen then?'

"Hi everyone," she greeted half looking at TK and his girl's direction, "I'm ready to work.", she announced, and TK looked towards her direction, checking the Sauce he's been told about. "So, you're the Sauce?" He asked with so much confidence and lust.

'No respect for his girl or whatsoever'

"What have you heard?", Peace asked back, "None much, I'm just eager to see your work."

They worked for 3 hours without taking breaks because it was not perfect. This was due to TK always getting distracted, so they had to repeat most of their scenes. "I know I don't have much say in this but I'm getting tired I'm doing this move for the last time. Y'all better focus one camera on me and the other on him, I'm wearing off and I will end up messing my moves, so if I am to repeat another thing, we won't leave this place." Peace was now annoyed, firstly these moves were not so easy and had to repeat because of a guy who cannot control himself even in the workplace in front of his girlfriend, was getting on her nerves. "Okay one last time guys, let's focus," Santiago shouted out, "TK, I'm watching you." 

When Peace was done with her performance, she got off the stage and did not even look back she was tired. "Come on Bitch! It's not like you're doing us a favour! You are getting paid here", TK shouted behind not realizing she was a ticking bomb ready to explode. She was so annoyed that not even one person felt it was fine to tell this TK guy he was acting like a spoilt brat. She turned around and took longer strands towards him, "You're used to girls letting your bullshit slide and having it your way, right? Well, I'm none of your bitches I'll drag you down with me, don't fucking try me I'm willing to go lower than your upcoming rap career." She turned and walked out for real this time leaving the room in silence.

Peace got to the room allocated for her, took a shower, and changed into her normal clothes. She was ready to get out of this place, it was an hour away from checking out.

Knock! Knock!

She went to open the door, "Santiago wants to talk to you.", Cash spoke immediately after the door opened and turned to walk away avoiding questions.

'I can handle him.'

"I see you're feisty?", he said the moment she got to the room, "You don't get to speak to TK like that". Peace had no energy for this lecture because she strongly believed she did not deserve it; TK was lusting on her while everyone was watching and being tolerant of his stinking behavior and when she decides to stand up for herself, she was suddenly the bad person. "I'm not the wrong guy here so I don't get why I should explain myself.", she was disgusted, "He was just making a joke; you were supposed to laugh and not get so worked up.", Santiago explained to her, Peace let out a little laugh, "A joke? Seriously? Is that what you told yourself to avoid the truth? Okay cool my bad I shall apologize and start making jokes to him too and see if he knows how to take one." "Just leave it", Santiago knew how Peace can get and this was not going to end well. "I want to leave this place right now.", she demanded.

They all checked out an hour later and used different cars, Santiago drove with Peace just like how they came. He was nonchalant and Peace enjoyed the peace, so she did not even bother to say a word too.