Chapter 6

Peace jumped out of the Uber, "I know I'm a disappointment I'm sorry guys.", she said approaching her seat.

"Your food is cold, so you'll have to ask the waitress to warm it up.", Azana, one of her friends, ignored her apology. Peace read the atmosphere and dropped her many apologies, "Are you guys down for shots?", she asked nervously not knowing how to start the conversation with her upset friends. "Always down!", Omuhle said excitedly looking at her mates, "On you.", Ntando told Peace, "Definitely!", she assured them. 

Peace took this night out with friends as a celebration of getting a gig with a nice payout. She was just sad that she could not tell them about it because her job was a secret.

They danced, laughed, drank non-stop, and made small talk with some hot dudes. "So busy-girl, you going to tell us WTF you're hiding from us?", Azana leaned over Peace's shoulder so she could hear her. "What're you talking about? I told you about my job what else I can possibly hide?", Peace surprisedly asked. "Okay just know I know you more than anyone here", she said pointing to all their friends. She was right, she and Peace were closer than any of the other friends and Peace felt a little guilty for not even opening up to her closest friend.

Mandy walked to their seats, "I'm tired and drunk, guys let's leave", she cried out to Azana and Peace who were engaged in small talk while Ntando and Omuhle were on the dance floor. "Try convincingly those two", Azana pointed to their friends while gulping her cocktail. "Convince me too because I still want to have mad fun and we've been here for less than 3 hours and you already want to leave, girl you left a husband home?" "Well, some of us have been here for more than 5 hours, so", Peace did not have any comeback she could still hear the disappointment in Azana's voice.

"Let me go to the restroom", Azana walked away while Omuhle was approaching, "Your girl right here wants to leave", Peace informed Omuhle pointing at Mandy, "That's not happening", Omuhle did not even think about it. "In fact, we're finding Peace a man tonight." "Girl, I've already searched no thank you.", she declined. "You'll be alone in your room after this, horny AF" "Ntando's man is over 100 km away I don't even want to talk about Azana so it's just Mandy and you who can do something about being horny." "But friend you know you can find your type in this environment.", Omuhle begged, "Just not here."

The bouncers at the club had to throw them out when they closed at 2 AM, yes, Mandy changed her mind and partied like it was her birthday. They were the life of the party; some cheered them up some were just annoyed by their noise, and they did not even notice some of the people who were there. "Woah, we're heading to the airport?", Peace noticed the road sign over their heads. "Yes ma'am, that's your drop-off", the driver answered as they all exclaimed in shock and turned their faces to Omuhle who had ordered Uber for them. "Okay guys don't eat me up it's something we can fix", she said changing the location in the app and that was going to cost them.