Chapter 18

Azana, Mandy, Ntando, Omuhle and Peace decided to go out for lunch after church. "No alcohol, it's a Sunday", Mandy said as they were ordering. "Chill I was not willing to get one", Peace answered. "I wasn't talking to you but if the shoe fits, wear it Cinderella", they all burst into laughter because that was so unexpected, especially from Mandy she was the kindest of them all and would not say anything mean to someone. 

Their food was delivered, and they had a little catch-up on each other's lives. Omuhle was now a happily single woman, focusing on building herself again and she'd joined the gym. Ntando was going on a vacation with her boyfriend in a week. Mandy was buried in school, so she spent the most time at the library. Azana was thinking that they should have a weekend getaway before going home for the semester break. Peace, well Peace was agreeing with Azana.

She had nothing to say.

'Start by telling them that you work at a strip club, maybe?'

"Girl, when you are getting new clothes? I want us to combine our orders so that we can score a free delivery", Peace and Ntando used to buy online together to avoid the delivery fee. "I've been busy lately I haven't checked the sales but need mini dresses or a skirt I've been on boyfriend jeans", she said not giving her a straight answer.

Beep! Beep!

"Akwande: I've been waiting on you to say when we going to meet. We have to give feedback to others on Tuesday."

"Shit! I forgot", said out loud, "If I were to collect R5 every time you curse, I'd be joining Ntando and her man on a vacation this weekend", sweet Mandy who had always told Peace to stop cursing, said.

"Peace: Let's meet at the library tomorrow and please no changes this time."

"How's your Tinder going?", Omuhle asked, catching Peace off-guard, "It's going", she quickly answered, "You haven't set it up, have you?", Omuhle could see it in her face that she was lying. "I have, it's just that I haven't checked if I've found a match yet. How's it going on your side?", Peace lied through her teeth, "I deleted it, I want to focus more on myself", she said unbothered, "Maybe I should do the same", Peace said more to herself than Omuhle..

"So, I was thinking, for our little vacation we should add activities and games", Azana was serious about this vacation. "And we should go to the closest club", Peace added, "True, and get really drunk we haven't done that in a while", Omuhle agreed. The waiter walked to them, "Ladies is there something else I could get for you?", while they were giving the guy different unimportant answers, Peace noticed the time and it was getting closer for her to go to work. "If we were having shot, I was going to pay for them, but we're saints today", she said raising her hand and giving her friends a chance to change their minds. 

She desperately wanted to drink so she would not face her clients sober-minded, so she had to convince her friends in any way possible. "I'm in!", Omuhle said without even giving it a thought, "Me too", followed by Ntando. "Come on Guys we agreed on not drinking we just got back from church for goodness' sake", Mandy tried her luck. "It's after hours besides its just 2 shots we won't get drunk", Peace insisted, "Fine, only 2 shots", Azana gave up making Mandy surrender. Two shots turned to five, Mandy and Azana were lightheaded, so they were already tipsy, Peace was where she wanted to be.

They ordered an Uber making sure Omuhle was far away from the phone before repeating the same mistake and ending up in Pretoria this time. "I need you to be very honest with me right now and if not, I'll never forgive you", tipsy Azana whispered to Peace during their Uber ride, "What's bothering you?" Peace was not ready to have this conversation now, especially not when they have been drinking, "Yes, something is going on but I'm not ready to tell you now." Azana held Peace to her chest, which was the most uncomfortable position for Peace because she was way taller than Azana, and it made her back ache. "Hey P", Omuhle looked over her shoulder from the passenger seat, "Had it occurred to you that Azana might be your soulmate" "Right? From today I hate your boyfriend. Tell him is game on", Peace said looking at Azana as if she just realized something.