Chapter 5

"I need a stripper for TK's music video ".

Antonio was chatting with his cousin, Santiago, who was a music producer. Santiago used to ask one of Antonio's girls to strip in music videos he produced. "I'll send you the clips of the best four." Santiago would watch the videos of the girls during their performance in private sessions so that he can decide whom he wanted, he used to choose between Kate; Mahalia; and Ruby.

"You have five girls in the private rooms, who are you hiding." He asked, pouring himself a glass of whiskey. "She's off-limits." "Let me talk to her." Antonio gave it a thought, "No, she made herself clear. She's here for one thing."

He remembered how angry she was when he entered the room with their client's hand on her arm. "You didn't tell him to stay at least seven feet away?!" "I told him not to touch you." He said following Peace to her dressing room. "You're so unprofessional, you didn't even tell me he was going to masturbate in front of me," She turned at the door to block him from entering the room, "Do better." She looked straight into his eyes and closed the door in his face.

"I'll make a good offer, come on man I need fresh blood Kate is worn out.", he persuaded. He finally succumbed, "20 minutes to convince her, I'll be watching.", he warned. Santiago smiled at his cousin, "you like this girl, now I'm even more interested."

~~~~

Peace had just finished her sessions and was getting ready for the night out with her friends.

"How far are you from the club?", she asked Ntando, one of the friends, on a video call. "We just arrived; we'll order your cider what do you want to eat?" "a platter of wings and ribs please?", she applied her lipstick once again. She headed to the door with her bag hanging from her shoulder, "You're the only one wearing..."

"Boss wants to have a word with you before leaving.", Daniel said, ignoring the person on the other end of the call. "I have to go, we'll talk tomorrow.", she said trying to return to the call. "It can't wait", she gave him an eye that said, 'you're still here?', "Bye babe I'll be there in a second, love you." She knew he was not going to let it go so she took long strikes to the Boss's office.

'The sooner I attend, the sooner I get out of here.'

She knocked once and let herself in, "I'm late I believe the meeting should happen within my working slots, Sir." "Sauce meet Santiago, he's got a business deal for you." He pointed to the man sitting on the couch from the far end, she jerked her head, her face washed with embarrassment she did not see the person all along. "I'm sorry Sir, I'm not always like that.." "Call me Santiago or San, don't worry I take no offence.", he approached her with a confident smile. "Can we reschedule?", Peace asked thinking about her friends, "I won't take much of your time please just listen to what I'm offering and then you can give me an answer tomorrow." She rubbed her forehead, "Okay, let's hear it.", she was willing to listen while standing. 

"My Rapper has a new music video coming up and we need a stripper..." "Oh, I'm sorry I can't help I'm not a stripper I'm a polestar, I only work on the pole I do not do physical touch or most of the things that strippers do.", she cut him before he could get too far. "That can do, I'm offering double your recent pay." "That is not enough to be on a music video.", she tried her luck. Santiago looked at Antonio then back to her, "R80 000", he increased the offer Peace folded her arms and got closer to Santiago, "R100 000 and that's final.", she needed to finish up the conversation.

"Okay."