falling for the Chief

I 'Rodney' just got out of college with a huge debt and now I'm living out of my car since I can't even afford having even roommates. I work at the highest decorative kitchen in LA which I'm so happy to have this job, but I'm just the waitress who sadly lives off of tips.

For the past 9 months it's been getting worse and since this is my full time job it is hard to get another job to fit into my already tight schedule. When I worked, that became my life. I don't have a life outside of this job if I did that means I have money which I don't.

But everything changed when the boss of the kitchen found out about my situation. I was in my car sleeping and since it was a hot night in LA I had the windows cracked so I could breathe. What I didn't expect was for chief Meggan to knock on my window.

"Hey, parking here is restricted for only workers" she said which freaked me out. "Oh I work here I'm a waitress I'm just here very very early" I said trying to not make her say anything else. I was wrong. "Wait, do you live in your car?" well fuck. I sigh so loud that she heard it.

"Hey if you need actual sleep in a bed I have a guest room if you like and you don't have to pay me anything for just being human" she said which made me cry. She gave me the address to where she lived which shocked me to see was the fancy apartment building.

Since I didn't have a lot I had my backpack with my second pair of waitress clothes and street clothes when I needed to get my laundry done. The only thing that is of value to me is the picture of my family who passed away in a plane crash 3 weeks after I graduated from highschool.

Back to the story I was now inside her apartment complex which made my mouth drop. I looked around and looked outside the window before I knew it I was about to faint from all of this. Meggan must have seen my appearance and said "would you like to just go to the guest room.

I'll wake you up when it's time to head to work" she said which brought me back to reality. I just nod since words seemed to have lost my mind. When I got into the guest room I saw the biggest bed I've ever seen.

The door was closed behind me and I just got onto the bed without changing since I couldn't tell if this was all a dream or not. 'I hope this is real, so I'll thank her properly'. That was the first time I slept without feeling like I was going to cry.

The new day came and I was still in the guest room. ' so it wasn't a dream'. I got up and tried to remember how I got out. Instead of sneaking out, Meggan was already ready to see me. " hey are you ready for work"?

I just nodded my head since I was still in shock about what she did for me last night. We got to the elevator and waited. "Oh here this is for you since I didn't know what kind of drink you wanted," she said, giving me 2 different kinds of drinks.

"Oh um I usually make breakfast at the kitchen in the morning before customers arrive and take out 10% of my tips for that day to pay for it" I say once the door opens. ' This will be a long day'. "Wait so you're the one you who turns on the light in the morning" Meggan said which I only nodded at

"You don't talk much do you" Meggan said which got me out of the shock I was still in since I woke up. "Sorry I'm still in shock from your hospitality and I don't know how to respond to it" I say just holding onto my bag for dear life.

Meggan just nodded. 15 minutes later we arrived at the kitchen and went on to get things ready. I usually make sure that everything is set up in the dining room since my boss schooled me for that and she comes in the evening.

As I was getting things ready I heard Meggan called out my name so I walked into the kitchen to find 2 plates set in the child table. "Ok so this week is a new special meal for a while and I wanted someone that is not in the kitchen with me all the time to taste my food so could you try it please"