Annoying Fly

Lucas and Cyril rested their heads on her shoulders. One was playing with the diamonds hanging on her wedding dress while the other was playing with her cell phone.

Her phone rang suddenly which caused heads to snap their way.
Since Lucas was the one holding her cell phone, he saw the contact picture.

Lucas frowned at the contact picture before connecting the call. " What do you want..?" he asked in a bored tone which caused the other party to ask his own question.

" Where's the owner of the cell phone in your possession..? " the other party asked coldly as well.

" She doesn't want to talk to irrelevant people like you " Lucas replied in a bored tone again.

Tristian wanted to stop his son but Cyril gave him a"don't interrupt my brother " look which stopped him.

"Hand the phone to its owner kiddo" the other party replied in a deadly tone which caused the little one to shake his tiny head like a disappointed father.

"Are you deaf or dumb..?or maybe you don't understand human language? Lemme rephrase my statement to your level of understanding , Lucas said in a childish tone.

She doesn't want to talk to a fool like you, plus you aren't a real man", Lucas continued to say in a bored tone again .

"Who are you calling a fool..?, you little bastard" the man roared which everyone heard since the phone was on loudspeaker.

Everyone except Scarlett held their breath at his insult because Tristian doesn't tolerate people who insult or call his children ungodly names.

"Don't. You. Dare. Call. My. Son. A Bastard. or else I'll haunt you down and don't you ever dream of calling my number ever again" they heard someone spoke word by word in a deadly tone which made everyone's eyes turn to stare at the person with shocked expressions.

Scarlett was boiling with anger at how the young man had dared to call Lucas a bastard, he surely had a death wish.

"Lettie, that little one was the one who called me a Fool first for nothing," he replied Scarlett, his tone full of complaints.

"That's because you're a fool just like he said earlier," Scarlett replied with a bored tone whiles gesturing for Lucas to disconnect the call which the little one did while muttering "such annoying fly".

"Indeed he's an annoying fly," Scarlett agreed which caused everyone to chuckle slightly while shaking their heads in disbelief.

Where did these children meet this lady...?, that was the question they were all asking themselves.

No woman has ever been patient with his kids like she was with Lucas at that particular moment because any woman in her shoes would've scolded them mercilessly but she didn't do that instead she was pampering them.

She was really different from other women who had ever stepped into their home.

Cyril looked at her wedding dress with a frown before getting down from her lab. "You must be feeling uncomfortable wearing that heavy dress," he stated which got her attention.

"Yeah but I will be fine, plus I will be going home soon and my house isn't far from here as well" Scarlett replied with a shrug of her shoulders elegantly but Cyril wasn't having any of it.

"I don't think is a good idea for you to spend the night at your place, he will surely come there to disturb you" he responded with a shake of his head.

Lucas also got down from her lab and looked at her with his brows furrowed lightly while taking her left hand into his.

"I heard that if girls break up with their partners then they don't keep anything he's given them from the past," he said sliding off the little diamond ring on her finger slowly.

"Really.....?" Scarlett asked with an interested expression not minding that the little one was taking off her engagement ring, besides she wasn't planning on keeping it anyway.

"Yeah, keeping his things will just bring bad luck and I don't want that to happen" he replied seriously which caused the young lady to almost smile but she didn't as she wanted to play with the little one.

"Okay, I won't keep it because I want the real man you're talking about in the future," she said in a serious tone as well.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking....?" Tristian's mother asked her husband in a low voice that only they could hear.

"Yeah, he's really smart, that's my grandson" he answered with a wide grin.

"So are you still going home tonight....?" Cyril asked raising his brows at her.

"Yeah ...., I've to" she answered which earned puppy eyes from both little brothers.

Tristian looked at his kids in bewilderment, his kids would never act like that in front of any of the women he brought home in the past, sometimes they would even dedevise plan to send them away forever, so it was a big shock for him to see his kids acting like puppies in front of Scarlett.
Tristian looked on with hidden interest.

"Not that eyes..., don't use that on me because it won't work," she said faking seriousness.

"Please," he heard his kids' chorus making the bride sign in defeat.

"Okay but can I at least go home and change my outfit," she relented and asked.

Her answer made the boy's eyes brighten up immediately but her request was rejected immediately.

"There's no way on earth we are allowing you to go home and besides we can provide you clothes," Cyril said which made Lucas smirked slightly while nodding in agreement.

"Hmph, you guys are devious," she jokingly said her lips pursed in helplessness.

"Yeah we know," they both chorused a reply while they high-five. Tristian and the others shook their heads in amusement.

"What are you boys up to this time around" Tristian asked himself inwardly amiss watching them.

"Come let's show you to your room," Cyril said to her.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Scarlett responded jokingly which they giggled at. They led her away under the gaze of the five people in the sitting room.

After the trio left Tristian's grandfather turned to his grandson with raised brows

"What had your two sons been up to the last couple of weeks?" he inquired looking at him.

"I don't know, I've been busy so I haven't monitored their actions," he said with a shshrug before sitting down.

"Those two rascals have been acting strange for the last two weeks, they won't allow anyone to enter their room without monitoring them personally," Tristian's grandmother who was quite the whole time, spoke with a snort.

Her answer made Tristian raise his brows slightly, as if to ask "what is she saying?"