Awaken

"You, young man need a long nap," Cyril said mimicking his maternal grandmother Serine's tone, the others burst into laughter after hearing his words and the tone. They all knows how much Tristian and his mother in-law has been these past few months, Serine is a stubborn woman and Tristian us equally as stubborn but not as his mother in-law was.

Serine couldn't have raised three stubborn and ruthless men if she wasn't that stubborn and stern, she has achieve master's degree of stubbornness so there's no way her son in-law could disobey her for long. Ricardo and his brothers always cower whenever their mother was pissed. When she's pissed, you better watch your back.

Tristian laughed lightly as he laid beside his wife and slanged an arm around her waist and drifted off to sleep within a minute or two, he was exhausted, this is properly the most peaceful sleep he's had in almost four months. He can sleep peacefully knowing that his wife was getting better and better by the minute, he can't wait to see her.

The ward has a lot of flowers and cards from family and friends, well the friends are from Tristian's side as none of Scarlett's friends came for a visit during the past three and a half months. It has always been his friends and his and her family members. Sometimes he wonders if she has friends.

Ricardo and Jaden has been in the ward for three hours but Jaden left to go get Lunch for everyone because they were hungry, the boys were also asleep on the bed Cyril had used when he was admitted at the hospital, his wounds has healed pretty well and since Serine made sure to apply some ointment her mother made from herbs the wound healed without leaving any Scar behind which Cyril was really happy about, the little fella cares about his skin too much, jeez.

During the past three and a half months Ricardo have gotten close to the kids, so did Leonardo and Lucio. The boys just loves the three uncles because they're just as devious as them and quiet protective of them. The boys said they wanted to learn how to speak Spanish because they just loves how their uncles speak it flawlessly so the three brothers have been teaching them and the boys are fast learners which didn't surprised them even a bit. They've planned to invite their other friends over so they would meet their nephews, of course the three young men have other plans as well. The boys would vacate from school on Monday and that's the day after tomorrow.

Jaden was at a restaurant ordering takeouts when he saw a familiar face, his eyes immediately flashed in surprise and apprehension, he looked at the person sitting in the corner of the restaurant as she ate and chat with the young man and two girls who look to be two years younger than his nephews. His face twisted in disgust as he saw their display of affection in public.

He wonders how can a woman be so heartless to this extent, is this how it was supposed to be? He really did believe the saying "there's a thin line between love and hatred". Love can be there today but you may not know the intention of your partner, you may not know weather they would love you to the moon and back or they would leave you in the middle of  journey they promised to accompany you on.

The funny thing is, we all think we know our partners than themselves but the truth is we don't really know them, until they prove they are worth your love, the only way to prove that is to always be by their sides in good and bad condition, in sickness and in health but at the end not everyone is the same. Love really is scary, Jaden thought as he took a couple of pictures of the family of four, she's even expecting again which was quite a shock to him.  She was a nobody from the beginning but as soon as she became somebody she took off, bitting the hand that fed her, how cruel.

Jaden took the foods and payed for it   turning around to walk out but frowned upon seeing his way has been blocked, his eyes turned emotionless as he kept his gaze on the young woman infront of him while she looked at him with widened eyes and shock which caused him to roll his eyes in boredom.

"Jay...," the brown hair woman called him with the nickname his family usually uses which made his eyes turned cold instantly.

"Sorry Mis, I don't remember having any relationship with you so don't call me that," Jaden replied coldly.

"Jaden I'm.... I," he watched as she stumbled upon her words.

"I don't have time for stranger's ma'am, out of my way before I call security," Jaden said cutting her off ruthlessly which shocked the pregnant woman, she unconsciously move aside causing Jaden to snort in disgust as he walked past her coldly while she continued to watched his retreating figure with gapping mouth.

Never had she thought, a day would come for Jaden to talk with her in such manner and with such attitude, is this her retribution? She took everything for granted in the past but looking at her family and her protruding belly she knew she would have done the same thing if they turned back time, she wouldn't change a thing, that's how selfish, greedy and self-centered she's is.

That man had nothing to offer her after he became a liability, she would have suffered for long, he sometimes goes to work and comes back late and after he fell into coma she had to take care of everything including herself at the time which was too much  her. She wanted comfort and peace not liability and suffering when she has someone else persuading her. Besides she didn't love him at all so she did what would set her free instead.

Jaden entered the ward huffing out of pent up anger, he set down the stuffs he broughet in annoyance while the others watched him  in confusion as he kept scowling and chewing his lower lip as if it owed him for being part of his beautiful features.

"What happened?" Ricardo who couldn't take Jaden's silence anymore asked as he got the pizza box out of the bag while Jaden shook his head.

"Jaden, what happened when you went out?" Tristian asked coldly as his brother straighten up his posture and looked at the kids who was washing their hands with the help of Ricardo.

"It's just some irrelevant people who were making me angry," Jaden answered smartly, trying to brush off their questions quickly but Tristian wasn't letting go just yet.

"Do you want me to call, Samuel and Kristian?" He asked coldly looking at his younger brother who shook his head vigorously as he gulped nervously.

"Okay, I'm listening," Tristian said with a sigh as Ricardo and the boys came and sat down, Ricardo started serving the boys without delay.

"I saw her at the restaurant," Jaden said as he looked anywhere else but his brother. Tristian frowned at his meaningless reply.

"Lysanderia," Jaden mumbled in addition while Tristian simply snorted mockingly which shocked Jaden and Ricardo greatly.

"She's a passcode uncle, don't talk about her infront of our mother," Cyril warned sternly, looking at his uncle with all seriousness causing his uncle to nod. Knowing he had his reassurance he started eating without a care in the world.

"Next time you meet her, don't mention he infront of our father as well, he has had enough of that woman's shenanigans. If she doesn't look for trouble with us, we would pretend as if we never crossed paths and everyone would be at peace," Lucas added whiles his brother hummed in agreement with him as the three men watched them in bewilderment, who could have thought they would say such things and continue eating as if they were talking about what food they should choose for dinner tonight.

Tristian felt emotional after hearing the words his sons uttered, this children always put him first no matter what and to think that they no longer regards that woman as anything in their lives just...makes him too emotional to even utter a word whiles Jaden and Ricardo couldn't find words to describe what they felt, damn they wants their future kids to be like this and not like other kids who wouldn't be able to live without their female figure.

Tristian and the two men shared a nod of understanding before they started eating.

Tristian would make sure that have his kids have the best life with their mother beside them. Scarlett has proven to be a mother and a wife to him and which his children never had. Just as they were done with eating  lunch, they heard a dry cough coming from the bed, everyone snapped their eyes to the person laying on the bed in shock and surprised.

Vote

Comment

Share