Overprotective Husband

Tristian refused to sit, he kept pacing back and forth, even in circles sometimes. The others watched him with opened mouths. Why is he making everything seem as if his wife was in death race? He's beginning to scare them too. Is it that bad to get married? Sigh, Tristian Adrian Zwicks is impossible. What if his wife was actually having a CS in that Theater? They bet he would be inside with the doctors, glaring daggers at them for the smallest mistakes they makes or cutting them for any cut they make with their operation knives.

"Why's he pacing back and forth?" a brunette nurse asked her two colleagues referring to Tristian who was pacing restlessly as they  passed by the family.

"He was the one whose wife and sun did the transplant of kidney five months ago" the second colleagues replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah. I know right. When his wife was in comatose, he was devastated. He didn't shave and bath. Always staying at her side. His mother-in-law even locks him outside the ward sometimes" another said causing the other three to giggle.

"He was so stubborn back then" the third nurse said with a chuckle.

"And today his wife is in the same theater donating her bone marrow. Poor husband, he must be having throwbacks of five months ago" one of them said with a sigh. The family almost burst into laughter hearing that statement while the tips of Tristian's ears turned red in embarrassment.

"He's so protective of his wife. How I wish I have that kind of a husband" another added with a dreamy look on her round face.

"Protective is understatement Annie. He's overprotective. An overprotective husband is what it is called but it is still adorable," the third nurse said with a chuckle. The other two laughed softly as they waited infront of the theater on doctor's instructions. The two families were amused at the three nurses blatant conversation. Tristian was so embarrassed that he sat down with a sigh. The others release a soft laugh at his defeated look. The nurses were called into the Operation Theater twenty minutes later while Lucio went to get everyone coffee.

Lucio brought the coffee and distributed it to his families and sat down. Tristian sip the whiles glancing at the door of the Operation Theater occasionally. He was feeling restless and the others knew that as well but choose to not mention it. This is Tristian Adrian Zwick for them, his stubbornness has no limit, it limitless so they would just accompany him silently.

Although they wanted to tell him he was overthinking things, Serine gave them a look which shut them up immediately. Since Tristian wants to see Scarlett before believing he was overthinking things, Serine didn't want anyone to say something that would make Tristian get more agitated than he already was.

The unmarried men frowned the whole time. They were actually scared of being in his shoes. If loving someone is this dangerous then thanks but they don't want to be in those shoes of Tristian. The red light on top of the doors of the Operation Theater went out after thirty more minutes.

Everyone noticed it except Tristian. Leonardo motioned for everyone to kept quiet. He didn't want Tristian to start his pacing again. The others understand him so they gave him an understanding nod and relaxed. After ten more minutes, to the doors were pushed open and the doctor exited, sliding his mask under his chin as he walked towards the family with a smile while Tristian stood up immediately.

"How are they" he asked shocking everyone. They thought he was only worried about his wife. Tristian was worried about both Ezekiel and Scarlett but his worry for Scarlett was more stronger.

"The transplant was successful, the patient and donor are both fine. We actually did a direct transplant because the patients condition was critical. He might wake up the next day as he is reacting to the transplant very well" the doctor said causing everyone to sigh in relief. Tristian smiled feeling a load lifted off his shoulders.