Forgiveness

His body was in a state of shock, and his breath stopped. Never in his life has he witnessed this in any of his previous relationships. His brain was malfunctioning right now, he couldn't think of anything, somehow he pulled himself together and walked towards his beloved wife.

His wife was kneeling with her hands clasped together in a pleading gesture, his pregnant wife. Her face was blushing from so much crying, that he didn't know if he should be angry or if he should cry. He took her hands, pulling her up gently. He took his time wiping her tears away.

"Please, don't cry. I'm not mad at you anymore. Even if I'm angry, I will still love you because love is greater than all things" he said as he pulled her into his embrace, she gave him a relief nod not trusting his words. Tristian walked her towards the bed and helped her lay down the bed. He covered her with the duvet, sat beside her, and watched her to sleep.

After a while of watching her sleep, Tristian Stood up and walked out of their bedroom. He still couldn't forget about the way Scarlett had knelt behind him, no matter how much he tried to wipe out the image from his head, his conscience didn't sanction it.

He felt heavy at heart, he couldn't understand why she would go to such an extent, he found himself asking, how much does he, Tristian mean to Scarlett? If Scarlett were to know his thoughts, she would have told him straight to the face about how much he meant to her.

Lost in his thoughts, he bumped into his younger brother, Jaden. "Hey bro, what's up with you?" Jaden asked rubbing his forehead.

"I'm sorry, I was just lost in my thoughts," Tristian admitted with a sigh, he tugged at the end of his hair, his eyes kept flashing different emotions.

"Come with me," Jaden said with a sigh as he walked into the library with Tristian in tow, being in here reminded him of what transpired between him and his wife.

"What have you done this time around?" Jaden asked with raised brows as Tristian took his sit, facing him directly.

"I ignored her after she asked me to let Lysanderia see the boys, it made me angry, I felt betrayed. Although we sleep and wakes up in the same bed, we don't talk. Whenever she tries to talk with me I just walks out on her but a few minutes ago, she was on her knees in the closet. I have messed up a big time," Tristian said to his brother, his tone filled with regret and guilt.

"What?" Jaden asked in bewilderment, was Tristian stupid or dum. He couldn't believe he was hearing this from his eldest brother.

"I don't know what to do, I feel so ashamed of myself," Tristian admitted, his voice shaking.

"Really? Tristian, you have cross the line. Have you forgotten that she only meant well for you and the boys ever since she stepped into this house? Or have you suddenly forgotten that she went into comatose after donating her kidney to your son? Maybe you have but I haven't," Jaden asked, his accusatory tone piercing the heart of his brother.

"And she is pregnant with your children, for heaven's sake. Find a way to face her. Don't be a coward," Jaden said with a scoff. He couldn't believe what his brother had done, is he in sane? This isn't the Tristian he knows.

"Can you help me out, listen I don't know how to go about it," Tristian pleaded but Jaden shook his head as he told him in a firm tone;

"You will have to do this one alone. I can't help you, if I help you with this one, next time you will still come for my help when you have a dispute with her" Tristian let out a helpless sigh as he leaned back in his chair. If the boys were to know what he did, they will make his days a living hell.

Jaden was seething, he couldn't imagine what Scarlett went through because his stupid brother kept ignoring her for days. Jaden left the library while Tristian went to the kitchen. Jaden went to Tristian and Scarlett's bedroom, he released a sigh of relief when he saw her sleeping peacefully.