Shattered

It been hard for Tristian and the boys, Scarlett was still in coma. Tristian has been trying to keep his everyday life normal but he was losing grip on everything, he's trying his best to be a good father and mother since Scarlett was still lying in that hospital bed but he knows he can't be like her, well how could he when the hospital has become his home and working place.  He takes his bath there, eats there, work from there, he changes his clothes there, got to sleep there and fucking wake-up there.

The first two weeks Scarlett was there was like she's been there for an entire century but Tristian knew it was only his mind slowing things down,  for Tristian everything without her is nothing. If he knows the devile he would have sold his soul to have his badass wife back on her feet but she would probably be mad at him if he was to do that.  The young man has refused to shave or even go to the saloon to trim his hair, he doesn't have the strength to eat let alone, triming of hair.

Tristian was drowning himself in work in the ward when his mother came in, Mrs. Zwicks looked at her son with displeasure as she matched towards him, she set down the items she was holding as she let out a sigh.

"How long are you going to be like this?" She asked her son gaining his immediate attention, she watched her son ran a hand through his dark locks with a sigh of his own. He doesn't know what to tell his mother, all Tristian knew was he was shattering or was it shattered completely? He doesn't know what it is but he knows whatever is going on with him can only stop when he sees her smile at him again, she's the only person who has the power to take away his pain and agony.

"It's been almost a month Tristian, pull yourself together. You need to go to the company and check things out before your siblings get here. You can't just be doing everything from here, you've not even seen daylight since she slipped into coma. We're all saddened that things have turned out like this but come on...," Tristian looked out of the window but quickly shut his eyes as he shook his head, releasing a loud sigh through his nose.

"What's the point of seeing daylight when she isn't seeing one? I don't even have a bloody idea where her soul is or what she's going through. She isn't eating or drinking like we all do everyday so what's the point, mom?" Tristian asked with a humourless chuckle.

"The kids.... the boys are also on the way to breaking down and I their own biological damn father can't even assure them. Cyril has been here for three weeks, he has seen his mother like this and even when I tells him it's not his fault, he doesn't believe it. I mean, I have to lie to Lucas everyday that she's getting better when infact she's no where near "better" it makes me feel useless" he said emphasizing the word "better" and "useless".

"And as for me, if not her eldest brother I would have long gone insane with anguish and sorrow. Because all of this is making me crazy and......I'm sorry I can't go to the company. When Jaden comes tomorrow, I will leave everything in his capable hands until she's back to normal but as at now please... don't mention about work, the one I'm doing from here is enough," he added in an exhausted voice as Serine walked in, she sat beside her son-in-law's mother. She looked at both mother and son for a while before standing up and walking into the bathroom, she run a bath and walked out.

"Go take your bath and shave. Don't come out without shaving, young man," Serine said sternly, she watched as her sighed and gave a lifeless nod before walking into the bathroom with the clothes his mother brought him as the two middle aged women watched him silently, Tristian would never disobey his mother in-law because the last time he did, she locked him outside the ward for twelve hours which felt like twelve decays.

"FLASHBACK"

Serine had told Tristian to eat and take his bath but the young man simply refused to do so, he has clanged the waist of his wife and had his face buried in her hair as he continued to ignore her pleas. She didn't talked much or did she waisted her time to scold him. She took her phone and texted his son, seconds later Tristian got a message from Ricardo telling him to come out so they would go pick up the boys from school and he agreed since he has been missing them. That is, he left in a hurry.

Twenty minutes later he came back, he opened the door to the ward and it was locked from the inside. He had knocked until his knuckles were bloody while nurses who passed by giggles at his predicament.

"No bathing, no entry Tristian. No eating, no entry young man," Serine had said from behind the door as she continued to clean up the ward while humming a tune. Well Tristian Adrian Zwicks simply refused to go home and bath so he sat down on the floor of the corridor and waited for the door to be open like the stubborn man he is and Serine Smith Mendoza has also denied him entry for twelve hours like the stern nother she is, until Cole came to plead on his son in-law's behave.

Cole understood what Tristian was going through because he himself is a husband and a father, he has also passed through the same ordeal when Serine slipped into coma after birthing  Leonardo. To Cole Tristian was holding on quite well, he was impressed because back then when Cole was in the same situation, he was a madman within a week of his wife unconsciousness, he threatened the doctors and nurses for one and a half month but Tristian has not even threatened a single soul which was quite impressive, he takes his hat off for the young man.

****Currently****

"I don't know what to do anymore. Not knowing what he's going through is just kinda killing me on the inside, he has been through so much in the past and somehow he walked out of it unscathed but right now I don't know what to do or how to console him," Tristian mother said with a sad smile on her lips.

"I know and I understand. Cole has also been like that once but I know my daughter. She will never give up on fighting tooth and nail for her husband and kids. She would be fine and you will think all this never happened, Eleanor," Serine replied with a firm tone which made it impossible for Tristian's mother not to believe her.

"I hope so, I just want to wake up from this nightmare," Eleanor replied looking at Scarlett's unconscious form on the bed, she's getting paler and paler everyday which she knows is scaring the hell out of her son.

"I know my instincts, they don't lie. They never will Eleanor," Scarlett's mother said in reassurance as she also glanced at her beautiful daughter in silence.

Sometimes Tristian's mother wonders how she's able to stay calm without crying her eyess out when it was her daughter who's life was at stake. Eleanor has never heard Serine talked about the well being of her daughter instead she is looking out for Tristian like he's her own son but Eleanor knew it wasn't because Serine doesn't care for her daughter. If anything, Serine is a loving mother and she believes in her daughter, her instincts tells her Scarlett would be fine but Tristian isn't and besides, what's the use of crying over a spilled milk?

Tristian took a long relaxing bath, a thirty minutes bath actually before exiting the bathroom. He has shaved which made him look slightly better but the dark circles under his eyes made him look like a zombie, he sat down and ate the meal his mother had dished out for him. After eating he gulped down a glass of water before stretching out his hand to get a hold of his laptop but before his hand could come into contact with the laptop, he's hand was slapped away from it by another hand. Tristian looked at his hand with pursed lips, he raised his head to look at his mother in-law as he let a helpless sigh slipped pass his thin lips.

"Go take a nap, you need it," Serine said pointedly.

"I'm fine, I'm not feeling sleepy," Tristian denied weakly.

"You are practically losing it without sleep and here you are telling me you're not sleepy, I wasn't born yesterday so don't dare lie to me," his mother in-law snapped sternly. " Now go get a nap," he heard her added as his mother watched with amusement. Tristian resigned to fate with a sigh of helplessness as his mother in-law guided him to the bed, he laid beside and was out in no time which caused the two women to sighed out slightly.

"Thank you, Serine. I don't know what I would have done without you, honestly," Tristian's mother said with a grateful look.

"No need to thank me, Tristian is a good man and I see him like my own son. He makes my princess happy and that's the happiest I have ever seen my daughter in a long time," Scarlett's mother replied in a matter of fact tone. The two women shared some embarrassing childhood moments of the young couple as they waited for Tristian like security women.
_____________________
Vote

Comment

And

Share please. How many months or how long do you think Scarlett should stay unconscious? I kinda miss my badass FL just like Tris does and I miss my devious twins 😅