Married

Scarlett squatted in front of the panting Rose and fed her some water, she wanted her to know that she is compassionate but she also shouldn't take her meekness for weakness which Tristian noticed.

After making sure she had enough water she stood up and turned to a smiling Tristian. "Why are you smiling so much ?" Scarlett asked Tristian with raised brows.

"I'm smiling because of you. Now no more questions, food is getting cold," he replied but quickly changed the subject as he took her by the hand and walked towards their table.

Tristian made sure she ate well but so did she, after all they came there because of him, after they were done with lunch they both went back to his office with him lacing their fingers together.

As soon as they disappeared into the corridor the employees started gossiping among themselves. "I wonder who she is and why the boss is so caring towards her" someone stated from the crowd.

"When she had entered the meeting room, the boss eyes had immidiately lighted up with tenderness," another person said.

"They both look great together, I mean they looks like a match made in heaven" someone added while some of the female employees snorted with envy and jealousy.

"I like her, she's the only one who can teach that Rose a lesson, how I wish I have a bit of her confidence and fierceness," Anna stated with dreamy eyes.

"Yes you're right, Rose is too much, she doesn't even know how to dress properly, always trying to seduce the CEO one or the other," a voice added with disgust.

"Instead of her to work she only vies for the attention of the CEO. I wished she has been thrown up from here so that she learns a lesson. May when she smashes her head her brain would be reset," Anna muttered causing her colleagues around her to chuckle in amusement.

Rose who heard everything was ashamed of herself but also angry, she was angry that Scarlett has disgraced her in the presence of her colleagues. She has worked in this company for long and had been respected and feared by her colleagues but as soon as Scarlett came into the picture, she lost everything.

After getting off work early Tristian took Scarlett to the Civil Afairs  Bureau to register their marriage, Scarlett wore a simple knee length white fitting dress Tristian had ordered for her, the dress outlined her every curve and her hair was let down casually.

The registration went on very smoothly, Scarlett looked at the certificate of marriage in her hands with amusement, she never knew getting married would be so easy although the journey of marriage is for a life time.

She didn't feel any regrets or whatsoever. Tristian looked at his current wife with mixed feelings, he has never dreamt of getting married again after everything he went through with his boys but looking at the young woman he knew he made the right decision or rather his sons made the right choice for him.

He prays this marriage lasts long and brings happiness into the life of those around him especially his twins and family. Scarlett was already fast asleep before they got home, Tristian got down from the car and carried her bridal style into the house.

The boys were back from school, they were sitting in the living room playing video games while their great grandparents and grandparents watch them. Everyone turned to the entrance as soon as they heard footsteps approaching.

When they saw Tristian carrying a sleeping Scarlett upstairs their brows shot up but he motioned for them to keep quiet with his  eyes, after elevator his floor, he laid his wife on the bed in his room gently, took off her heels and covered her with a blanket, he went into his closet, changed his clothes before exiting the room.

Tristian who came downstairs met the questioning gaze of his family. "So what's going on, why are you back so earlier than usual..?" his mother asked with raised brows.

"That's because we went to the Civil Afairs Bureau to register our marriage. I mean to say that I'm married to Scarlett now," he replied leaning back.

"Yaaay...," the boys exclaimed happily before running upstairs while their father sighed softly. Seeing their smiles made him relieved.

"Congratulations son," his father said followed by his mother and grandparents. 

"Relax she would make a good wife, trust me," his grandfather said in a firm tone.

"I'm just afraid of history repeating itself again," he murmured.

"That will never happen, she's not so like that. I am a woman and when I see a good woman I know," his grandmother said with a reassuring smile.

"I hope so too," Tristian said with a sigh of helplessness.

Tristian's grandmother has seen all sort of women in her life, she has seen scheming ones, devious ones, golddiggers as well as sincere women, that was why she could tell from just a glance that Scarlett is a very sincere woman and she's also someone who values and cherishes people as well as respect.

And for that matter his grandmother was happy he got married to her, she's a germ and she wants his grandson to have her for the rest of his life. Tristian was about to go upstairs when one of his guards came in with a confused expression.

"Sir there's a middle age couple out there saying they wants to see the young woman" the guard told Tristian as he frowned slightly. He didn't know who the guard was talking about but he felt like he should receive the guests himself.

"I will go see them myself," he replied walking past the guard. Tristian walked into the open with furrowed brows, his wife was tired from the broken wedding and getting married the next day, he didn't appreciate people coming to disturb her but he also doesn't want to show disrespect to someone who could be his parents.

As Tristian looked up, he saw a black limo parked in front of the villa whiles a middle age couple stood in front of it, the man wore a cold expression while the woman has a soft smile on her face. Looking at the man Tristian could see that whatever he has to say would take much time.

"Hello," I'm Tristian. Please come in and have a seat" he said to them politely, the woman grinned widely before pulling the man by the hand. The middle age man snorted coldly as he walked past Tristian. Tristian brows shot up at his attitude but didn't say anything as he followed them in.

Tristian mother was fast to brew them two cups of tea. She offered it to the couple who accepted it, one coldly and the other with a smile. Tristian mother smiled in amusement at the man's cold attitude, if someone asked her she would say he looks  childish.

"Where's she..?" the man's voice rang out coldly

"Don't mind him yet. I'm Serine and this is my husband Cole. We're Scarlett's parents" the middle aged woman introduced with a smile. Tristian looked at the couple closely noticing that his wife looks like the man, she's the exact female version of him.

"Welcome uncle and aunty, is a pleasure to have you," Tristian said politely.

"Thank you and the pleasure is ours," Serine said with a chuckle.

"My wife is asleep, she's very exhausted and I wouldn't want to wake her up yet," Tristian replied Cole's question truthfully as he snorted coldly.

"Cole give the boy some break, he's the one she has chosen, you should be happy that she chose to marry him and not that rascal," Serine said to her husband rolling her eyes.

"He didn't ask permission so he is not my son-in-law," Cole snorted coldly glaring at Tristian fiercely, Tristian just starred at him with furrowed brows, Scarlett's father doesn't seem to like him for his daughter, as a husband.

"So are you saying this boys aren't your grandsons as well?" a voice suddenly asked from upstairs causing all eyes to snapped in the direction of the staircase as they saw a figure descend the stairs with a tired yawn but also with a lazy posture.

"Okay," this is going to get interesting," Serine thought in amusement.

Okay people , lately I've been seeing one person commenting and voting. She just wants to read the book really badly and I don't want to disappoint her so I'm going to post a few chaps in addition.

Iretomilola my sincere appreciation for voting and commenting on this book , for me your vote and comment means a lot to me .