Vipers

Tristian sat down in his plush chair in his office, but his mood was far from comfortable. He was feeling sour this morning, and whoever had gotten him feeling like this was going to get a piece of his advice. Just then, his Assistant Luke walked in with some files. Luke settled the files on the table and took a seat in front of his cold boss.

As soon as Luke sat down, he delivered the news that had been worrying him for days. "We have a mole, and they have gotten into the city," he said to Tristian coldly. Nothing seemed peaceful in the city as of now, and Luke was worried for his boss. Tristian had a five-month pregnant wife and two kids who needed a lot of protection at the moment.

Tristian's response was immediate and direct. "I need you to find out who this person is. I want to have a chat with them," he said with a heavy sigh. Luke was shocked by his boss's words. It had been a long time since Tristian had uttered that word. He feared for the life of the traitor because if he got in contact with his opponent, it would lead to a massive bloodbath.

Luke laid forth his thoughts about the situation, "Okay boss, but I think the young madam needs tight security around her, as do the young masters." Tristian hummed in agreement and said, "Get some of the forces to do that."

Tristian's aura was darker than usual this morning, and Luke felt a sense of unease creep into his heart. He stood up and walked out, releasing a shuddered breath of relief as he shut the door behind him. He knew better than to mess with Tristian's family or even a friend. Tristian Adrain Zwick would not hesitate to cut your life short. He would not kill you, but he would give you a life worse than death.

Yes, Tristian was that man. He was compassionate, but when you took his meekness for weakness, he would not hesitate to make you regret messing with him.

Tristian had just finished working on the last file when Anna walked in with a lunchbox. She greeted her boss and set the lunchbox on the table. "Sir, the young madam asked me to give you this. She said you should eat it before lunchtime ends," Anna informed the confused Tristian.

Tristian was surprised by the gesture. He couldn't believe that the young madam, his wife, had thought to send him lunch. He thanked Anna and accepted the lunchbox with a laugh. Anna was shocked to know that her cold boss knew her name by heart. Even as she walked out, she couldn't wrap her mind around the revelation of her boss keeping her name in mind.

Tristian admired the girl. She knew management very well, and he went to check the project she was in charge of. Everything he saw there awed him. Anna had a lot of potential as a woman, and he couldn't help but feel that Jayden and Anna would make a perfect match.

Meanwhile, Jayden sneezed loudly, "Bless you," he heard Scarlett say in amusement. They were both at the hospital currently, and a nurse came to call them in. Jayden helped Scarlett up and guided her into the doctor's observation room.

After twenty minutes, both exited the room, and they walked hand in hand to the parking lot. As they drove away, a girl around the age of ten watched their car as it disappeared down the highway. She got her phone out and entered a string of numbers.

"They are on their way home, but security is extremely tight today. I suggest you stay low for now," In a low tone, the girl said to the other person on the side of the line.

Her hair was tainted with a wild color of green and gold, and her nose was pierced. She looked too mature for a ten-year-old girl, but that was how she was brought up. She walked towards a dark exit, disappearing into the dark.

Tristian walked into an underground basement, where a lot of men were. The underground basement contained the latest versions of technology and guns. The basement was large enough, it was like a small town on its own different from the bustling city.