Nine

                             - Chapter nine -

The Night had turned back to day and Mindy and Abby sat paralysed in the back of an ambulance with their wounds bandaged.

Abby's paralysis was then broken when she saw Chad slam Ethan against a van.

"Where were you?" Chad said as he slammed Ethan against a black van.

"What when?" "Last Night!" Abby had now gone to the two boys as Chad held Ethan by his collar. 

"I had econ, you know that!" Ethan said trying to defend himself. "Bullshit man, you just happened to vanish the same night my sister and your girlfriend gets attacked."

"Wait what!" Ethan said, noticing the bandage under Abby's sleeve, he picked the girl's arm up before examining her. "Are you okay?" Ethan asked which Abby put her head down in response.

Ethan then looked towards the alley and saw two body bags being carried away from the scene. "Who?" Ethan said facing Chad and Tara.

"Quinn and Anika" Ethan looked back at Abby and lifted her chin up slightly."I'm so sorry." he said wiping the single tear that fell down Abby's cheek.

Abby lost her two closest friends in the span of minutes and that pain hurt a lot worse than the wound she had on her arm. She gave a small smile to Ethan before saying, "I believe you."

She took Ethan's hand and led him to where the others were standing. "Mindy i'm so sorry" Ethan said but his apology was met with, "Stay the fuck back!" 

"Mindy" Abby said trying to get her to calm down, "No Ethan, you're now at the top of my suspect list." Mindy said. "I had econ, there were like a hundred people there ask one of them."

Abby took Ethan to the side of the road where they sat on the kirb as they watched the group meet up with Gale, Kirby and Detective Bailey.

Abby started to let out a small cry before Ethan turned to her burying her face into his shoulder. The boy's heart sank for his girlfriend as losing both her friends had created such an empty feeling inside of Abby. All Ethan could do was stroke Abby's hair and whisper to her that everything was going to be alright.

Kirby approached the couple and told them that there was something Gale wanted to show the group and it would be best that they came. The two got up and as they walked behind Kirby Ethan whispered, "Are you okay." to which Abby responded "I will be!"