Twenty Two

                             - Chapter Twenty Two -

When Abby woke up in the morning she noticed Ethan stroking her face.

"Good morning" He whispered letting out a sweet sincere smile.

"Hi" Abby started to blush as she got out of the bed.

"Do you want anything?" She asked as she put her hair up into a ponytail.

"I'm good, what are you doing today?" 

"Oh nothing I have a couple of classes and then work."

"Wait you have a job?" Ethan whispered as he got out of the bed.

"Well yeah, who else is going to pay for this apartment?" Abby asked as she slowly approached the door.

"I'm going to check if Taras left yet."Abby said as she unlocked the door looking around to see of Tara was there.

When Abby made her way into the living room she didn't see Tara so she went to go back and get Ethan. As she did so Tara rose up from the couch saying, "Hey sorry I accidently fell asleep here last night."

Abby covered her heart in shock before replying, "It's fine, but don't you have class starting in thirty minutes?"

"Holy shit!" Tara said as she rushed around the apartment getting ready for class.

"Hey you wanna walk with me?" Tara said as she went to enter Abby's room, Ethan now standing behind the door trying to go unnoticed.

"I ahhh!" Abby said as she noticed Tara approaching her door, "No I have class in an hour so i'm going to get ready and probably go and check on david at the shop." Abby said as she pulled Tara away from he bedroom before closing the door.

"Oh okay, well lets meet for lunch." Tara said as she grabbed her backpack, "I feel as if we haven't seen much of each other lately."

"I would love that!" Abby exclaimed before she pushed Tara out of the door saying, "Text me the details."

When Tara left, Abby placed her hand over her face as she slid down the back of the door. Ethan came out of her room sitting beside her.

"What's going on?" He asked as he placed his hand on her thigh.

"Ever since 'that day' I haven't been getting on with everyone like I should. They all hold some form of resentment towards me and I can't just act like everything's okay when I know for a fact that they feel a certain way towards me."

"Resentment. What would they resent you for?" Ethan asked as he looked down at Abby.

"Saving you" She replied getting up and walking into her bedroom to get ready.

When Abby finished getting ready, she left her bedroom and noticed the smell of cooking coming from the kitchen.

"Hey what are you.." She asked watching Ethan flip a pancake.

"I wanted to make you breakfast" He responded as he then handed Abby a plate.

"Thanks" Abby let out a small laugh as she made her way to the table, "Umm, are you going anywhere today?" She asked.

"No why?" 

"Because if you do make sure you ask me when you're coming back, so I can make sure Tara doesn't see you."

"Can I come and see you at work?" Ethan asked as he stuffed the toast into his mouth.

"Umm, sure I work at a place called 'Sunrise vinyl'." Abby placed her plate into the sink before grabbing her backpack and approaching the door.

Ethan walked up to the girl and kissed her before opening the door for her. He displayed his pinkie finger which made Abby's eyes start to dilate and she united it.

"I love you." He said to her as she walked out the door.

"So you should." Abby chuckled as she made her way down the corridor and blew a small kiss in Ethan's direction.