Ten

                                 - Chapter ten -

Gale led the group down an alley decorated with different graffiti with the iconic lines the ghostface killer said.

Mindy turned around giving the couple a dirty look before turning her head back round. 

Abby's face dropped to the floor as she knew it was because she believed Ethan's alibi and at this point Abby questioned if she was right to believe Ethan.

The group walked up a set of stairs as Gale said, "Jason and Gregg were alantan rich boys, they used fake names to rent this place."

"How did you find this place?" Kirby asked 

"It's called investigative journalism for a reason." Gale said being smug. "How didn't you find it?" 

The group stood in what looked to be an old movie theatre covered in memorabilia from the past ghostface attacks. "It's a shrine!" Gale announced as she switched the lights on.

The curtains leading up to the stage opened revealing several ghostface capes. 

The group split looking around at all the different items. 

Ethan followed Abby as she looked at a gruesome drawing of the death of Tatum Riley before looking at the outfit she wore and stroking the seam of the bright orange skirt.

"They've got the whole franchise" Mindy exclaimed as she approached a mannequin. 

"You have to be seriously messed up to collect all of this" Abby said which made Ethan clench with anger and fear, but when he watched the girl stroke the glass to one of the displays he knew that he had to make sure she was safe no matter what.

"You have all been through so much!" Detective Bailey said faking his sympathy to the victims of the newest ghostface.

"Hey how did they get all of this stuff?" Tara questoned.

"Well cops like money and evidence can get lost pretty quickly." Gale replied looking at Bailey and Kirby, "Present company excluded of course." 

"Why am I even here can't I take Abby home?" Ethan asked. "No" Chad replied. "It's better if I keep an eye out for you and Abby."  Mindy then motioned the "I'm watching you" before turning around looking back at the collection of clothes ghostface had acquired.

"This place is really creepy" Abby said holding Ethan's hand. 

The boy kissed her hand before pulling her towards the stage where the rest of the group had gathered. "Come on"

"So, somebody killed these fuckers and took over their 'lair'" Chad said as everyone observed the different cloaks around the stage.

"Yes, somebody who believes Sam is the true mastermind of the Woodsboro attacks." Gale said looking at the cape in the centre of the stage.

Tara, who began to be overwhelmed ran out of the room, Sam running after her making sure her sister was okay.

Mindy sat on the edge of the stage looking out upon the theatre, so when everyone had gone their own way Abby made her way to sit next to her leaving Ethan to look at the cloak that belonged to Richie.

As Abby sat down Mindy looked to her as she played with her nail beds. "I'm so sorry about Anika." Abby said full of remorse. "Whatever" Mindy replied. "Are you okay" Abby asked wondering why Mindy was being off with her.

"No, how do I know you're not the killer." 

"Wait what!" Abby yelled gaining the attention of everybody in the theater. "I was literally in the apartment with you Mindy." "Well how do I know you and Ethan didn't orchestrate this whole plan to kill Quinn and Anika and make yourself look like a victim."

"Mindy why would I risk my own life so that Anika, my best friend could just be killed." 

"As far as i'm concerned you and Ethan are nothing but murderers." Spat Mindy.

"Wow, i'm so over this shit!" Abby said as she rose up storming out of the theatre Chad and Ethan following her in confusion.

"Are you alright", Chad asked the girl. "No not really, I don't like to be accused of killing my friends Chad!" Abby snapped. She crouched down putting her head in her hands letting out a deep sigh. Chad nodded to Ethan asking him to leave the two alone to which he agreed.

Chad sat on the floor leaning against the wall beside Abby. 

When Abby looked up he gave her a sincere smile which made her comfortable to sit beside him. "So you and Tara" Abby asked looking at Chad with a grin. "Maybe" Chad replied. This made her laugh as she looked up to the grey sky. 

"I'm sorry about Quinn and Anika I know you were all close." "It's fine" Abby replied "I just need to focus on the now before I let the impact of what happened hit me."

"About Ethan" "what about him?" Abby said turning her face to look at Chad. "Do you trust him?" Abby contemplated the question before saying,

"With my life"

Little did Abby or Chad know Ethan never went back inside and had heard their whole conversation. He looked desperate for an out as he didn't want to hurt the love of his life anymore than he already had.