Thirteen

                                 - Chapter thirteen - 

Abby's wound didn't do any major damage to her body, so she was able to be subscribed a medication and allowed to leave the hospital.

The next day, Mindy, Chad, Ethan, Abby and Kirby all sat in van that they used as a base to locate the killer.

Abby put both her legs over Ethan's as he passed her an orange capsule filled with her medication.

"Are you okay?" Kirby asked the girl, concerned for her wealthfare.

"I couldn't be better" Abby laughed and swallowed the small pink pills with a big gulp of water.

Abby then handed Ethan back the pills as her outfit didn't have any pockets large enough to fit the bottle. "Here" Ethan offered the bag of flamin hot cheetos to Abby as he put the medicine into his pocket.

Chad looked at the pair with the 'seriously' face as the two munched on the cheetos.

"So, we're really doing the phone tracing thing, that never works in the movies" Mindy asked Kirby who was tapping away at her keyboard. "They call and just before you can get the trace, the killer hangs up the phone stumping the heroes." Mindy exclaimed everyone now looking at her.

"I can get a trace in under fifteen seconds!" Kirby argued back, which made Chad laugh.

"Well you have Sam and Tara out there as bait." Mindy said trying to pull as many negative outcomes as she could. "And what you think the killer won't attack them in broad daylight." Mindy's comments started to agitate Kirby as everything she would say, Mindy would have a problem.

"Look I am here with you and Bailey is with Sam and Tara, so I can assure you that you will be safe!" Kirby said spinning her frame back to look at her computer.

"This is exactly like how our uncle Randy died, broad daylight, public place, yanked into a van and Stab, Stab, Stab no more Randy!" Mindy yelled to the group in the van.

Abby's eyes widened as she looked over to Chad whose face was completely blank. Kirby's face slowly faced Mindy as she sat there looking at her thumbs. 

Ethan looked at Abby before whispering, "Whoa!" As he leant back against the van. Abby tried to hold in her laugh by planting her face into her lilac colored sleeves.

The group then listened to Sam's interaction with the killer, "You're going to die you know!" Sam threatened as she walked through the park. 

"No, you're going to die Samantha, choking on your own blood as I hack up your sister." the killer replied.

The friends in the van sat at up watching Kirby quickly press several keys onto her keyboard the silence was tense as Sam said,

"Not unless we catch you first."

"For a mastermind you're not very smart, waiting for me to call so you can catch me nearby. Well i'm not nearby i'm one step ahead." The killer said before ending the call.

"Kirby did you get it?" Sam asked nervously as the teens watched Kirby narrow down the street map.

"Yep, the location is coming through now" The group let out a sigh as they looked to where the killer was.

"He's on the upper east side, he's in an apartment building on the other side of town." Kirby said confused to why the killer would be in that specific location.

"On west 69" Tara asked

"How did you..?" 

"Gale" the two sisters spoke before ending the call.