Twenty

                                    - Chapter Twenty -

"Where the hell have you been?" Abby said as she whacked Ethan on the arm before pulling him into the apartment checking no one had seen the boy enter.

"Well, I uhh went to the hospital obviously and then after I got let out I had to think about some things."

Abby sat down on the couch unsure what to feel about the boys appearance.

"If Tara or Chad see you, they will kill you!" Abby said as she adjusted her pajama shirt, a tiny bit of embracement flowing through her as she felt uncomfortable having Ethan see her in such a messy state.

"I know, but I didn't want to come here to cause any trouble, I wanted to see you." Ethan said as he sat down next to Abby cupping her hands in his.

Abby looked up at the boy remembering the fun and happy memories they had shared but she also remembered the pain she felt when she was attacked, watching her best friend die and watching the boy she loves reveal himself to be apart of the plot.

"I don't know what to do?" Abby thought to herself as she walked away from Ethan walking into her bedroom, Ethan following her.

"Abby I don't want to hurt you anymore, so if you want me to go then i'll go."

"Where are you staying?" Abby said as she turned around looking into Ethan's eyes.

"I umm, i'm probably going to stay at a hotel not far from the city."

"With what money?" Abby said as she turned back, taking a set on her ruffled bed sheets.

"I'll have to drop out and get a job." Ethan said as he dug into his pockets before pulling out an envelope.

"This is for you." Ethan said as he dropped the envelope beside Abby and walking out of the apartment. 

Abby heard Ethan leave and took a look at the cream coloured paper lying on her bed. She questioned whether or not she should read it but ultimately decided to open the letter.

"Dear Abby,

I know what I did could never be forgiven, but I just wanted to tell you that I love you so much. That day when we bumped into each other outside my economics class I fell in love with you instantly, however I knew I didn't have a chance and would probably never see you again. Well that was until Anika and Mindy showed up to Chad and mine's apartment, they invited us to a party and insisted I went and thankfully I did because that was the day I got to actually meet you. You were standing in the party wearing a purple cardigan with blue jeans and when I approached you, you spilled your drink all down yourself. You stormed out and I followed bringing a towel from the bathroom. You were crying because you were all wet so I gave you my jumper to wear. A couple of days later we met again and Anika noticed that I had a thing for you, so she and Chad set us up together. We just happened to randomly end up at a restaurant together with everyone cancelling. We didn't go inside the restaurant tho, we walked around New york admiring the night sky line and it was when you showed me your favourite place to sit and watch all the lights flicker around the city. It was at that point I knew for certain I didn't want to follow my father's orders, but when we started to get closer Quinn told my dad and he threatend your life saying how easy it would be to pull you into an alley one night and kill you and just rule it out as a random homicide. All I wanted for you was to be safe and at one point I tried to tell you about everything, but you didn't get the message so I did my best to protect you here. I never thought it would go as far as it did, with Anika dying. I know she was your best friend and when I found out my dad just told me she was collateral damage and when I stood up to him that night was the night you were attacked. I'm hoping this letter will give answers and will show you that I never wanted to hurt you, I never wanted to hurt anybody, but here we are.

I love you forever and no matter where our lives take us you will be my light, my heart and my love.                                       

-Ethan"

Abby started to cry as she read the letter over and over again. She knew she couldn't let Ethan leave especially after he tried to protect her countless times.

Abby dropped the letter onto the floor as she slipped her black crocs on and sprinted out of her apartment.

To her surprise it was heavily raining and all Abby could think was, "Major movie moment." Abby didn't care however as she launched out of the apartment looking for Ethan anywhere she could when she saw him walking down the street she called out,

"Ethan wait!" She got many stares and looks as she ran down the street soaking wet in her hello kitty pajamas.

"What is it?" Ethan asked as he held Abby's arm as she tried to catch her breath.

"Stay."

"What?" Ethan said as she he looked at the breathless girl.

"I said stay, stay with me at my apartment, I mean you'll have to be discreet and Tara can not know your there, but for now stay with me."

Ethan looked down at the girl as she wiped the raindrops of her face.

"Are you sure?" He whispered.

"Of course I am." Abby said as she started to chuckle.

Ethan lifted Abby's chin as he went in for the kiss, the two now standing in the middle of the New York streets in the pouring rain kissing.