Chapter 1: Wake Up

'Where... am I?'

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by an unfamiliar darkness. My eyes darted around, trying to find anything that I could recognize. As I started to gain feeling of my body, I realized that I was seated on a chair with my arms and legs bound to it.

'What the hell?'

I tried moving my arms and legs to no avail, it was bound tightly. My heart raced and I felt more awake than ever. How did I end up in this situation? I racked my brain to trace back my steps, trying desperately to figure out how I got here.

I remembered traveling on a plane by myself to visit an anime convention. Saw a couple panels, meet and greets on that Nijisanji event, took pictures with some cosplayers, and bought a few things here and there. Okay, nothing so far, what's next?

After the convention ended, I went to a nearby bar to get some drinks. There were a couple people there that came from the convention as well and we ended up chatting with each other. There were some guys playing card games, a fujoshi that's very vocal about her opinions, a guy that kept spitting out awful takes, fuck that guy.

My memory started to get foggy past this point, probably from all the alcohol that I drank. My head slightly ached, but I need to keep going. I did my best to gather anything coherent from my jumbled memory, anything that could lead to an answer for my current predicament.

I remembered talking to a girl and we seemed to hit it off pretty well. We talked for quite a while although I can't recall what we talked about, but I remembered that I enjoyed talking to her. Her laugh, her smile, how she tilted her head when she's listening to me, it's all too enchanting. I felt my face heating up just from reminiscing about her. And then everything ended, I can't remember anything past that point.

From everything that I've gathered, I can draw a rough conclusion on how I got here:

1. I went to a bar after going to an anime convention

2. I got pretty drunk and met a real hottie

3. I blacked out, fumbled the hottie, and got kidnapped on the way back

This is the only possible outcome that explains my current predicament. For a second, there was a thought about the hottie being my kidnapper, but I disregarded it as a delusion. I just hoped that she gave me her number before I blacked out.

Wait, I got sidetracked by that hottie. I need to focus on how to get out of here. I don't really have any options right now with my arms and legs bound, but I need to have some plans at least. After all, my kidnapper could come back at any moment-

Click.

'Damn it.'

The sound of a lock opening resounded above me, followed by a door opening. Light poured from the opened door, as a figure descended from a staircase. That person reached the bottom of the staircase and flicked a switch, turning on the lights of the room that slightly burned my eyes, forcing me to shut it tight.

"Oh! Sorry about that, are you okay?" A soft voice asked me, sounding worried over my reaction.

Wait, that voice... Why did it sound so familiar to me? I squinted my eyes open slightly. As my eyes adjusted to the bright lights, the person in front of me started to look more recognizable.

Black hair with red highlights, droopy eyes, that nail sticking out of her head, and the fact that she's just floating around off the ground!

"Why is Mika Melatika from Nijisanji ID here!!!!" I can only shout from the absurdity of this situation.