Chapter 5: Party?

Honestly, the past couple days went by quite well. With Roomie no longer sharing the house, there was no need for me to be bound or duct taped when Mika had to leave me. Of course, I was still kept down here with locked doors. At least she's sensible enough to give me a mattress to sleep on.

'Better than being tied up I guess. My limbs were getting sore from being bound all day.'

Dealing with her erratic behaviors were a bit hard at first, but I started to understand how to deal with her. Whenever she was getting too "affectionate", I acted cold and difficult towards her. Vice versa, whenever she was getting too "murderous", I acted lovingly at her.

However, adjusting how much I should act was an ordeal. Acting too cold or too lovingly would swing her from one mood to another. Every single word I said was akin to a balancing act with my life/chastity on the line. Thankfully, I haven't triggered another crisis at the level of our first day.

Unfortunately, my right hand still shook like a newborn fawn every time she approached me with those dull eyes. It couldn't be helped, our first meeting was just too impactful after all. I'll have to book a therapy session when I get out of here.

I also came up with a plan after seeing how well I'm managing her mood. By constantly interacting with Mika, I'll build up enough trust for her to let me go upstairs on a daily basis. Eventually, she will let me out of this basement unattended.

'And when that happens, I'll skedaddle towards freedom!'

It was a simple but safe plan, as long as I could survive daily interactions with Mika. If I could keep her in a stable environment, I was confident in raising her trust level without any real danger to myself.

But a gathering with many people would be a different territory for me. There would be far too many unpredictable situations that could set her off.

'My head's already hurting from thinking about it...'

If the Mika-bomb went off during the gathering, I can already imagine the headline...

[Several unidentifiable bodies found buried in XX Mountain, suspect still at large.]

[Virtual Youtuber Miss M is suspected as the culprit alongside an unidentified accomplice.]

Escaping from Mika would be pointless if I'm branded as a murderer's accomplice. There's no other option, I'll have to stop this party from happening in the first place.

"Isn't this party kind of sudden, Mika?" I asked her in a surprised tone.

"I know, but I really want to introduce them to you. They also wanted to see you, saying all kinds of stuff like 'No way Mika actually had a lover,' and 'We have to meet the AnimeCon Confessor,'" answered Mika.

'The AnimeCon WHAT? Who came up with that name?!'

It was my first time hearing about the moniker from my dark past. I can only assume that someone clipped that moment from Mika's stream and it got viral on Youtube.

'Shit... They'll never move past that, aren't they?'

I wanted to ask more about that damned moniker, but I need to focus on the bigger predicament right now. It's about time for me to use one of the tactics I've learned from the past few days.

"Still, how could you just plan this without telling me so suddenly? I felt kinda left out..." I retorted with a sad look in my eyes.

"Ah, no, I wasn't trying to-"

I cut her off before she could explain herself, "You know that couples would usually plan out something like this together, right? If you decided on this kind of thing by yourself, it's like you didn't consider my feelings..."