Chapter 15: Mika's Room

We finally reached the door to Mika's room. But before I could open the door, Mika suddenly blocked me.

"W-Wait, give me some time to clean up my room!" said Mika in panic.

"We don't have time for this! I don't mind if your room is a bit messy, we need to get started now!"

I couldn't comprehend her priorities right now. It was already past noon and we're racing against the clock, but she wanted to clean up her room? What nonsense is she saying right now?

"Just give me ten- no, five minutes to clean up! It won't take too long, I swear!" Mika insisted.

"Just what is it that you're-" I was wondering what she was trying to hide, but something suddenly clicked in my head.

She wasn't exactly a shining beacon of purity. In fact, it was the opposite. She would often talk about her toys on stream to the point that Roomie's own mother was aware of it. Combined with her face that blushed even deeper by the minute, there was only one answer to this situation.

Unfortunately, Mika seemed to realize that I found the reason behind her current predicament.

"You-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Mika had delivered a left hook right into my liver. It was a clean, textbook liver shot. I fell onto the ground immediately.

"Whyyyyyy..." I voiced out my frustration weakly on the ground.

"That's for having rude thoughts in your head! Just stay there for a bit while I clean up!" Mika said with a flustered expression. She stormed into her room and locked the door, leaving me on the ground.

Slam!

'Shit... At least this showed that she'd definitely improved...'

The old Mika would've taken advantage of the situation to lure me inside and tempted me with her pink mood. The fact that she stopped me and showed her embarrassment instead was proof that she's on her way towards full recovery.

'She didn't have to hit me that hard, though...'

If she stopped streaming, I had no doubts that she stood a chance for the featherweight boxing championship title.

As I started to recover, the promised five minutes turned into ten minutes. The loud noises of items clattering against each other and the occasional panicked screeches worried me, but I assured myself that letting her remove the evidence would be better for our mental state.

Right before fifteen minutes had passed, the door to Mika's room finally opened.

"Please, come in... Make yourself at home..." she looked visibly exhausted, but I ignored it for her dignity's sake.

My eyes started wandering as I entered her room. It looked exactly like the view that I've seen from her streams. Numerous streaming equipment were scattered across her PC desk, but it looked quite professional in my eyes. Of course, parts of the room that wasn't captured on her webcam were slightly messy.

It was suspicious that her room still looked this messy considering she took her time to "clean up", but I decided to ignore it. There was also a mysterious aura surrounding the closet and the bedside drawer, plus the fact that Mika would slightly flinch every time I approached them, but I also decided to turn a blind eye to it.

'Ignorance is bliss...'

I repeated that mantra in my head to stop myself from investigating further and focus on our current task.

"Okay, tell me about your work. What do we need to do?" I asked Mika.

"So I'm planning on doing this marathon charity stream in a few weeks, and the staff asked me to send in some ideas for the stream in order to approve them. They also wanted me to put some details in so they have an image of what I'll be doing for the whole stream," explained Mika.