Chapter 9: Round Two

Everyone decided that they're going for round two at a bar, but I was too mentally exhausted to join them. Mika was begging me to come along, but I was able to convince her after some consoling.

'I'll be damned if I have to deal with whatever alcohol does to them. Plus, I still have some bad memories of going to bars...'

I've successfully planted my image as Mika's lover to everyone and Mika seems to be in a stable mood, so it should be fine even if I'm not with her.

Everyone went to their hotel first to freshen up and Mika will join them later. After everyone left, Mika naturally brought me to the basement.

"You're really not coming with us?" Mika asked with puppy eyes. She seemed intent on making me join her to the bar.

Unfortunately for her, I've grown accustomed to dealing with her, "Sorry Mika, I just need some rest after the party earlier. I guess I'm not used to meeting a lot of people, haha..."

I made sure to pretend like I'm okay, but showed a hint of exhaustion from the amount of social interactions that I had to deal with today. It's important to subtly convey the feeling of "I'm exhausted today because of your plans", that way she'll find it hard to insist on making me go with her.

Sure enough, she looked guilty for trying to make me follow her even though I was already tired from her sudden party. Her expression constantly changed from the internal conflict she's probably having right now. Her unplanned party was the reason that I was tired in the first place, so it's probably hard for her to force me without making me displeased.

Eventually, she made a decision, "...You're right, especially when everyone was that excited about you. You can take a rain check on this one. They're usually not that rowdy, I promise."

'Damn, I'm good.'

As expected, I was able to manipul- influence her into letting me take a break. She looked sad for not being able to take me with her, but she would definitely feel worse if I hated her for making me go against my will.

"S-Sorry for making you go through that. You... probably hated it, right? Maybe I shouldn't have suggested it in the first place..." Mika started stuttering and mumbling.

'Oops, she's getting a bit scary. Better give her the medicine before she goes crazy.'

"No, I had a lot of fun today. It was really nice to meet your friends, they were just a bit rowdy earlier because they're curious about us. You have really good friends, Mika," I reassured her.

A warm smile lifted the corners of her mouth as she spoke, "Yeah, they really are good friends."

When I gazed at her, I finally noticed the clothes she was wearing for round two at the bar. She went for a goth look with a black crop top that accentuated her figure along with a black short skirt and fishnet leggings. Her hair is also tied up, giving her a different image from her lazy casual look that I've grown accustomed to.

She noticed my gaze, and a smirk grew on her smile, "You noticed? It's the same clothes I wore when we met at the bar for the first time. I know you fell for me at first sight when we met, but what do you think?"

Setting aside her delusions, she does look unnecessarily good in those clothes. Not to mention the goth look is my type, I can't deny that she looks perfect to me.

'No wonder she got me during our encounter at the bar, there's no way my drunk self could defend myself against this.'

I went ahead and complimented her, "You look really good, no wonder I fell for you when I saw you at that bar."